About this role: Project Engineer
Brunel is currently searching for a Project Engineer for a long-term contract position with our client located in Denver, Colorado. Will consider out of area candidate on a 4/1 rotation.
Under general supervision, provides technical expertise, guidance and leadership for a variety of designated engineering projects and programs at assigned project.
- Reviews, investigates and develops appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Serves as Project Manager or technical expert, on a wide range of small to medium site construction, expansion or modification projects.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
- May contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas.
- May represent the site on company sponsored steering teams, such as PDMC Mill Operations, Refinery Operations, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Nature of work: Works on moderately complex issues, implements solutions through individual effort but may delegate more routine tasks to others.
- Level of interaction: Collaborates mostly with peers in the same functional area, and/or department and has moderate external interaction.
- Autonomy/decision making: Works under frequent supervision and has limited latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines impacting the individual assigned area of work.
- Budgetary responsibility: Assists with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Managerial responsibility: Does not manage people, function, projects or programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and three (3) years engineering experience in an area or areas relevant to assignment, including project management experience.
- Knowledge of principles and project engineering and project management
- Demonstrate technical competence through engineering and/or operations experience
- Proficient in MS Office and other engineering tools (CAD, analytical, mapping)
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. FOR ANY EMPLOYER WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Fluency in English
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with metal mining operations, especially with regards to geotechnical, structural, earth and concrete works.
- Skilled in related engineering software (AutoCAD/Civil 3D, ArcGIS, GoldSim), programming languages
Position will include competitive daily rate starting at $500/day plus 401K match, medical, dental and vision insurance that start on day 1. If candidate is not local to Denver, client will provide accommodations and travel for a 4 week on, 1 week work from home rotation, along with monthly stipend for living expenses.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a Global Leader in the Mining Industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit