About this role: Project Engineer
- Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
- Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Perform the overall planning, management, and execution of multiple Brownfield modification/ retrofit projects per COMPANY Project Management System (CPMS) while adhering to Safety, Health and Environment (SHE), Quality, Cost, Schedule, Business Controls and regulatory-bodies requirements related to Offshore and Onshore facilities.
- Reports to Section Head
- Works with support-functional personnel including Engineering, QA/QC, SHE, Construction & Interface, Project Planning & Services, and various departments while interfacing with other departments within Company in executing the projects consistent with CPMS and Project Objectives & Strategies (POS) resulting in safe and reliable onshore and offshore facilities.
- Works effectively on projects in a highly dynamic team-environment that have tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility while requiring great accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-tasks.
- Supports multiple critical shutdown projects with complex engineering considerations, working to very short deadlines for providing necessary data while meeting excellence in reporting and transparency to all stakeholders.
- Under time pressure to reprioritize tasks as well as to analyze effectively and decide on all information relevant to project execution, that affect the running facilities operation and Company’s production and reputation, especially ensuring timely delivery of Shutdown material and on-time execution of all Shutdown related projects.
- Supports Project SHE strategy and plan. Co-review Contractors SHE Plan and participate in safety walk and audits. Identify issues & resolutions and types of safety-incident investigation. Understand reporting terminology and incentive programs and ensure proper monitoring of Contractor’s safety performances, programs and incentives.
- Contribute to project concept selection and planning, develop Project Objective & Strategy (POS), Capital Efficiency, Cost Screening & Estimate, Schedule Screening & Estimate and Project Development Memorandum (PDM), Roadmap, Deliverable Responsibility & Authority Matrix (DRAM), Early Project Execution Plan (EPEP), Lesson Learned and co-develop Cost, Schedule and Design Engineering Management Plan including Engineering Surveillance Plan. Identify Risk Assessment Plan, key execution issues and respective resolutions.
- Assist in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) activities in converting the technical and operational requirements from the Concept Selection phase into Basic Engineering phase which deliverables (including Design Basis Memorandum and Engineering Specifications) form the basis of tender document for EPC phase and lead Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase and identify Maintainability (including spares) and Operability requirements.
- Assist the correct application of Brownfield Project Planning and Execution approach, Interface. Management and support the correct application quality management approach and risk engineering to ensure projects are executed in conformance with established technical requirements.
- Check the correct application of Construction strategies and proper assessment of Contractors performance against prescribed plans using key metrics and proper identification of remedial action plans via site verification and ensure proper execution of onshore and offshore Shutdown and Non-Shutdown-based construction activities.
- Complete the schedule estimates, define the activity breakdown level appropriate to the project phase and location, analyze schedule and identify its critical path, analyze schedule, identify & develop mitigation or special schedule allowance or reserve against risks, uncertainties or constraints and coordinate to benchmark against historical data & industry norms.
- Prepare cost estimates, analyze cost estimate and identify & develop contingency or special cost allowance against risks, unknowns, uncertainties or constraints and coordinate the benchmark against historical data & industry norms.
- Identify, track, forecast cost trending and identify mitigation plans for recovery and initiate and follow up on approval of additional funding request timely. Monitor plan versus actual cost phasing and mitigate actions for recovery. Track, forecast schedule trending and identify mitigation plans for recovery and initiate and follow up on approval of extension of time aptly.
- Assist in the review and approvals of Invitation to Tender (ITT) including Scope of Work, Compensation, Incentives, Technical and Commercial Evaluation Criteria and manage equipment-vendor’s prequalification and equipment-vendor’s selection ensuring all standards, technical requirement, operational and SHE requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 6 years’ experience in a project execution related environment with broad experience of projects, engineering, and operations.
- Recent experience of working in the field at Company’s facilities dealing with Brownfield projects, Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) and debottlenecking of operating facilities.
- Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant engineering software tools, systems, and tools.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha