About this role: Project Cost Engineer
Are you a meticulous, detail-oriented professional with a passion for cost management? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment where your expertise contributes to the success of groundbreaking energy projects? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Brunel Australasia are partnering with one of world's premier petroleum and petrochemical companies to source a Project Cost Engineer for a Brisbane based role.As a Cost Engineer, you’re going to be providing accurate cost forecasting that will advise on our business performance. More specifically, your role will include:
- Developing accurate cost forecasting, underpinned by data and stakeholder engagement.
- Development of monthly earned value, planned value and actual cost metrics to arrive at an appropriate estimate at completion while calculating cost performance and schedule performance indicators
- Prepare detailed, accurate calculations of Value of Work Done (VOWD), forecast reporting and trend data for benchmarking and production of LEs and OPs.
- Produce or assist delivery teams in producing Project Change Requests in line with our management of change procedure.
- Have significant experience in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge and application of complex formulae to real world problems and comprehensive experience in the manipulation of large datasets. Knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) would be advantageous.
- Experience in lead/senior roles and experience in managing and training cost engineers.
- Engage and liaise with Planning Engineers to ensure contractor and internal schedules reflected in Primavera P6 and other systems are integrated with cost data.
Skill & Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree, in a relevant discipline.
- Substantial IT experience with cost systems – i.e. SAP, Unifier.
- Significant years’ experience of project controls.
- Experience in oil and gas cost control is essential, knowledge of unconventional oil and gas would be highly advantageous.
- Proven change management skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Deep commitment to Goal Zero with personal accountability.
- Proven ability to impact team culture and deliver a commitment to authentic, honest, open and transparent communication.
- Strong willingness to proactively connect stakeholders across the business.
- Monday - Friday Brisbane CBD based role
- Fantastic Rated
- 12 months with potential to extend.
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane