About this role: Principal Civil Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer with a specialization in stormwater and wastewater management to lead and contribute to projects in collaboration with various local authorities in the SEQld region. This role is located in the Gold Coast The successful candidate will play a crucial role in developing and delivering effective design solutions that meet regulatory requirements and address the unique challenges of the area.
- Technical Leadership: Lead stormwater and wastewater management design projects, including planning, design, analysis, and construction phases.
- Local Authority Collaboration: Work closely with local authorities in the SEQld area to understand their specific requirements, regulations, and standards.
- Design Expertise: Provide advanced engineering analysis, design, and evaluation of stormwater and wastewater systems, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
- Project Management: Manage project scopes, budgets, and schedules, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams, including other engineers, designers, and project managers.
- Client Engagement: Maintain strong relationships with local authorities, ensuring clear communication, addressing concerns, and delivering solutions that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct thorough reviews and quality checks of design calculations, drawings, and specifications to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Innovation: Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging technologies, and sustainable design solutions, incorporating them into project designs.
As a Senior Structural Engineer at [Your Company Name], you will be responsible for leading the structural design and analysis of various projects, ranging from commercial and residential buildings to industrial facilities and infrastructure projects. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality, safe, and innovative structural designs.
- Structural Design: Lead the structural design process, including the analysis and calculations necessary to develop safe and efficient structural systems.
- Project Management: Manage and oversee multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget while meeting client expectations.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with architects, other engineers, and project managers to develop integrated design solutions that align with project goals.
- Client Interaction: Engage with clients to understand their requirements, present design concepts, and address any concerns or questions.
- Code Compliance: Ensure that all structural designs adhere to relevant building codes, standards, and regulations.
- Quality Control: Perform detailed reviews and quality checks on design drawings, calculations, and project deliverables to maintain the highest standards of quality.
- Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and designers, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Innovation: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in structural engineering, incorporating innovative solutions into project designs.
• Opportunities for professional growth and development through training and workshops.• Working with a close-knit, supportive team that values creativity and innovation.
• Exposure to diverse and exciting projects across various sectors.• Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rylee Hanson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane