About this role: Planning Manager
Brunel is currently searching for a Planning Manager for a long-term, contractual position with our client who is a leading mining company in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This contract position will work on-site in New Orleans, Louisiana. Prefer local candidate, however, will provide accommodations with a 4-week on-site/1-week WFH rotational schedule. Travel accommodations, housing, transportation, and a monthly stipend will be included.
As a Planning Manager, you will be responsible for managing and directing project planning resources within the project controls functional group for capital projects.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of project planning and scheduling on projects are compliant
- Will retain the ownership and maintenance of planning policies and procedures which enforces the planning guidelines while mitigating schedule risk
- Provides mentorship and guidance to project teams
- Provides strategic guidance as an expert on planning and scheduling for engineering, procurement, contract and construction field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Provides expert level experience and judgment to spearhead in-depth analysis of all aspects of project schedules
- Lead a division of planners and schedulers
- Analyze and drives resolutions to complex execution and project planning issues. Utilizes expert analytical skills to review project plans to identify and provide leadership in resolving project risk
- Collaborates with various levels of management to provide direction in the development of project execution planning. Reviews project schedules to ensure strategic alignment with execution planning
- Ensures quality baseline schedule requirements are met and communicate risks, concerns, and solutions to management
- Establish new planning procedures and guidelines as required. Review and update existing planning procedures and guidelines. Ensure all planning is conducted in accordance with company standards and procedures and that schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed
- Establishes and drives the organizational structure and hiring of strategic planning and scheduling resources
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering, construction management, business or related fields; fifteen (15) years of experience in industrial project planning (mining preferred), at least ten (10) years of experience in a project planning, and at least ten (10) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling OR
- High School diploma or GED and twenty (20) years’ experience in industrial project planning (mining preferred) with at least ten (10) years of experience in a project planning Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and ten (10) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling OR
- Thorough knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction and commissioning interfaces and relationships
- Proficiency in Primavera and MS Project
- Complex construction planning experience
- Experience with construction mega projects
- Day rate
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client in a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston