About this role: Pipeline Integrity (EPRS) Specialist
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Provide valuable Subsea and Pipelines Systems Integrity (SPI) technical input and assist in implementing the SPI programs, strategy and the timely and effective implementation of the Subsea & Pipeline systems Integrity Management Programs and Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) for all COMPANY pipelines.
- Internal: Frequent contact with Onshore and Offshore Operations, Maintenance, Engineering & Projects, Subsurface, HSE&Q and Supply departments.
- External: Regular contact with 3rd party service providers and contractors and various external forums, including the Pipeline Task Force, Company EPRS Club, Offshore Operators Forum, Company quarterly coordination meeting.
- Addresses more complex discipline specific and multi-discipline related problems and issues particularly in relation to subsea and pipelines systems.
- Develop work methods from several alternative options in accordance with established pipeline integrity management programs, procedures and professional standards including planning, execution and results assessment concluding pipeline risk assessment and recommendations to extend the remaining life of pipelines.
- Rapid front-line response to pipeline related events, issues and/or incidents often requiring team to conduct critical technical tasks requiring extensive engineering analysis based on available information, in a timely manner and support pipeline related activities, both Offshore and Onshore.
- Subsea & Pipelines Integrity Division, ensuring technical advisory support to all operating areas.
- Participates in the yearly division budget and venture direct budget for major expense items such as EPRS, Underwater Surveys (UWI), ILI Inspections, PIMS (Pipeline Integrity Management system) providing justification and planned schedules.
- Support in the development, implementation and maintenance of Pipeline Integrity Management system (PIMS) based on the best industry standards supported by computerized system for the management of Threats and Risks, Mitigation Plan, Discovery Management, Integrity Assessment and Performance Monitoring and link program scope with execution activity. Identify, evaluate and implement appropriate new technologies available in the market.
- Prepares and maintains short- and long-term subsea inspection plans based on Company approved inspection strategy. Prepares scope of work for subsea pipeline inspections including ILI, ROV surveys, CP surveys and Acoustic surveys. Ensure all UWI & ILI findings and observations are professionally assessed and classified. Generate technical recommendations and support implementation until satisfactory close-out.
- Generate and maintain documentation related to the Company PIMS (Pipeline Integrity Management System). Such documentation shall include the inspection scopes, inspection reports, anomaly databases, PIMS KPI reports, Annual Summary Integrity Reports etc.
- Support the development, coordination and implementation/execution of Company Pipeline Integrity Management program, support in the development, implementation, preservation and maintenance of the Emergency Pipeline Repair System for all subsea pipelines operated by Company (EPRS) and ensure all activities undertaken under the above programs are executed safely.
- Perform as subject matter expert in pipelines and subsea structural integrity, ensuring team involvement in all areas of SPI programs. Oversee the planning and completion of all necessary integrity related tasks and reports the status, results and current issues, and conducts measurement and verification activities.
- Performs internal assessments and participate in external assessments, ensuring that Qatar regulatory requirements are being implemented. Ensures the highest standards of compliance to company policies and Company MS, including Management of Change and Work Management expectations.
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Incident Investigations, SHE reviews (HAZOPs, HAZIDs, risk assessments) Interfaces with Quality groups, performs necessary studies to support the development or understanding of new technologies and undertake audits to assure compliance with PIMS/UWI and close-out of all Pipeline Integrity related legacy and audit actions.
- Provide integrity input for proposed future pipelines to ensure the facilities and associated documentation are fit and have been designed with long-term integrity considerations.
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Structural or Pipeline Engineering.
- 8 years’ experience in oil and/or gas sector with a focus on Pipelines Operations, Integrity inspection, corrosion, and maintenance and/or Design/Construction.
- Knowledge of pipeline corrosion, failure mechanisms, corrosion controls, SHE standards and a proven track record in a subsea &pipelines integrity focused organization.
- Experience and knowledge of risk-based integrity management methods and strong understanding of Process Safety concepts
- Excellent written and spoken English, with good attention to detail.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to demonstrate conceptual thinking skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of engineering software tool
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha