Occupational Health Nurse
Vacancy number • PUB406623
Our client is in search of a casual Occupational Health Nurse to become a valuable part of their team based at their Joffre site in Central Alberta, near Red Deer. Reporting directly to the Occupational Health and Hygiene Coordinator, the selected candidate for this position will apply nursing practices and principles in an ethical manner. Their primary focus will be contributing to the well-being of workers across various occupations. This involves actively engaging in health promotion, health protection, treatment of injury/illness, and disability management through the implementation of policies, programs, and initiatives.
About this role
- Provide a broad application of Occupational Health practice in accordance with company Responsible Care® standards and all applicable regulations including, OSHA, WCB and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
- Manage and treat workplace injury and illness including WCB reporting and development of modified work plans as appropriate in collaboration with the business.
- Conduct fitness to work assessments for employees as needed and pre-placement fitness to work assessments.
- Implement site programs, procedures and initiatives for prevention, recognition and treatment of illness and injury.
- Provide technical support to site emergency response planning including hands-on medical emergency response and crisis management.
- Establish and maintain confidential employee health records.
- Facilitate disability case management by coordinating health care and early intervention to promote the safe and timely return to work of ill or injured employees.
- Nursing diploma and/or BScN degree with 8+ years related practical experience (including medical emergency response) and holds a current CRN license
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working in an Occupational Health setting/environment would be considered an asset
- Current CPR/AED certification and Advanced ITLS or Advanced First Aid certification that meet regulatory requirements
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently while also being a valuable team contributor
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Office, Cority, SharePoint)
- Availability for shiftwork (nights and weekends)
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406623