Vacancy number • PUB406168
Brunel are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join a major oil and gas business in Darwin on an initial 12 months contract as part of the wider IT Infrastructure team.
The On-Site Network Engineer within our Oil & Gas operations is tasked with ensuring the robustness, security, and efficiency of our on-site networking infrastructure. This critical role involves designing, maintaining, and enhancing the network systems essential for our operational processes, safety protocols, and data management. The candidate will collaborate closely with operational teams, ensuring that the networking infrastructure meets the rigorous demands of the oil and gas industry.
About this role
While specific jobs and projects may require more detailed descriptions, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Network Infrastructure Management: Design, configure, and manage on-site network components, ensuring seamless connectivity for critical operational systems, IoT devices, and communication tools.
- Security and Compliance: Implement and uphold stringent network security measures tailored for the oil and gas sector. Monitor for potential vulnerabilities, intrusions, and ensure compliance with industry-specific regulations.
- Operational Support: Collaborate with operational teams to understand network requirements, troubleshoot issues, and ensure uninterrupted communication and data transfer across the facility.
- Disaster Recovery & Redundancy: Develop and maintain robust disaster recovery plans, backup systems, and redundant network pathways to ensure continuity of operations and data integrity.
- Collaborative Projects: Engage with cross-functional teams including drilling, production, and safety teams to integrate networking solutions that enhance operational efficiency, safety protocols, and data analytics capabilities.
- Documentation & Reporting: Create and update comprehensive network or facility documentation, maintain system configurations, and generate regular reports to track performance metrics, security incidents, and compliance status.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate with external vendors, service providers, and technology partners to procure equipment, software licenses, and specialized services tailored for the oil and gas industry.
- Occupational Health and Safety: Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the companies policies and procedures. Always ensure the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment. Ensure that all equipment meets the necessary safety and regulatory standards. Promote a safety culture within the team
To be considered for this role we are targeting the following skillset:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in network engineering, preferably within the oil and gas or industrial sectors.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, or relevant certifications specific to industrial networking.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols, IoT integration, SD WAN, and cybersecurity best practices for critical infrastructure.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment with a focus on safety, reliability, and operational excellence.
- ITIL V4 certification, minimum ITIL V4 Foundation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across various departments and levels of the organization.
For those interested, development plans for working offshore or interstate are available as well as promotions into higher levels of the team as you progress. It is expected that your contract will renew at the end of the initial 12 month period.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel are a leading supplier of personnel to the resources industry in Australia with contractors currently working at over 20 international resources companies.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Daniel Vincan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406168