Mine Communications Technician - 8:6
Vacancy number • PUB406035
Reporting to the Supervisor, Mine Systems Operational Technology, this position is key for Site Operations. The role will be responsible for ongoing operational health and maintenance of the Operational network and RF communications infrastructure across the site in support of Mining team.
You will understand wireless communication networking in the following areas: designing/optimising sites for capacity and coverage and selecting new colocation sites, designing/optimising existing sites for new frequencies, experience with performing wireless surveys and using network monitoring tools for analysis.
About this role
- Monitor the wireless communication system performance and integrity of the communication infrastructure actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Analyse equipment failure trends and recommend replacement equipment and components.
- Monitor signal strengths of wireless communications used throughout the Active mining areas.
- Provide support to onboard maintenance teams in relation to onboard communication hardware faults.
- Conduct PM inspections of the trailer and tower infrastructure used for communications throughout the Active mining areas.
- Relocation of communication trailers as required to ensure radio coverage across all mining areas.
- Respond to and complete incidents and requests logged through ServiceNow application.
- Maintain the integrity of fleet map including Tetra database utilised for the Tetra Digital two-way system.
- Support project work as required which is defined by onsite project communication supervisors.
- Provide On-Call support for network and communications problem resolution and remediation.
- Provide feedback on resolution of faults and status of systems.
- Technical input in assisting with system planning for Mine communication infrastructure.
- Cert IV in communications or electrical trade as a minimum.
- Working at Heights and Elevated Work Platform certification.
- C Class Manual Drivers licence
- At least 5 years working or training in an electrical/electronics/communication role.
- Experience working with Cisco wireless networks, Minestar fleet management systems and Tetra digital two-way radio systems.
- Previous LTE experience is highly desirable.
- Proficient level of computer skills.
- Experience of fault finding on systems/networks.
- Commitment to safety, quality and teamwork.
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware components, including the exchange of installed components and repair of cable terminations.
- Ability to read and follow schematic drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Perform physical maintenance to mining systems hardware and communications infrastructure
This role will initially be offered on a contract basis before being considered for either permanent conversion or contract extension.
You will be offered an hourly rate of $65/hour + Superannuation.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Daniel Vincan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406035