Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Vacancy number • PUB406712
On behalf of Chevron, a global energy company, we re looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician.
You will be an integral part of the pre-operations team based in Perth for the J-IC Project. Your primary responsibilities will include supporting detailed design, training, and competency assurance for the FCS (Filed Control Station) Operations Team, input to and validation of the FCS operating and maintenance procedures / work instructions and tabletop exercises to validate the support and logistics procedures for the FCS.
The FCS campaign team will deploy to the construction yard and offshore to support commissioning and start-up ofthe FCS. The team will be an integral part of the commissioning and start up team.
As the FCS is a NUI (Normally Unattended Installation), the position is part of the wider Gorgon M&R Team, so willperform a maintenance function in the LNG asset as directed.
This position will be based in Perth with adhoc visits to Okpo until early 2025 when it will mobilise to support theFCS commissioning.
About this role
Health, Environment and Safety:
- Role models HES behaviors.
- Conduct activities on the FCS in accordance with Operational Discipline, ABU Managing Safe Work processand procedures and the requirements of the J-IC Safety Case and Environment Plan.
- Ensure incidents and near misses are reported and effectively investigated.Reliability and Integrity:
- As a SME of FCS systems, provide support ensure anomalies are investigated and addressed.
- Perform the function of Ballast Control officer for the FCS.
- Conduct maintenance activities to achieve and maintain uptime performance of all critical production processequipment within the FCS.
- Understand and implement the procedures and processes which support FIRM on the FCS.2/2
- Identify and assess deviations on the FCS.
- Identifying and executing improvement of equipment, processes and procedures.
Campaign Planning Support:
- Coordinate with Facility Engineers, BWI, Supply Chain, Logistics and Support Services functions in preparation for execution of offshore maintenance.
- Provide Mechanical technical support as well as contractor/vendor liaison as part of planning & execution ofscheduled maintenance.
- Focal point for HVAC chilled water system
- Ensure that all planned and scheduled campaign work is compliant to all Chevron HES / MSW systems /processes.
- Ensure work is planned in the most efficient manner.
- Validation of maintenance work packs.
- Ensure materials and equipment for campaign execution is validated and scheduled for transportation.
- Focal person to liaise with Mechanical vendors, including acting as site liaison person during campaigns andexecuting work on their behalf when vendors are not onsite.
- Manage business partners to complete maintenance and small projects within the Mechanical maintenancediscipline.
- Ensure effective Mechanical campaign work coordination and execution.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of Mechanical campaign execution, reporting and mitigation scenarios.Maintenance Activities & Secondary Responsibilities:
- Execution of maintenance tasks to ensure compliance with all company and statutory mechanical inspection,testing and calibration.
- Condition monitoring, lubrication, and preservation.
- Carry out tasks as directed that may not be directly craft related maintenance activities; example being, Deck Operations, waste management, supply chain function, food, and accommodation hygiene.
- Provide technical support as required for resolving maintenance issues within the Mechanical discipline.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of maintenance processes, tasks, plans, procedures, and equipmentspares.
- Assist with identifying competency requirements and training opportunities to ensure Mechanical technicianshave the skills and knowledge necessary to maintain specialist equipment.
- Provide Deck operations & logistic services.
- Offshore crane operator/ dogging/ rigging
- Basic scaffolding.
- Dangerous Goods & inventory management
- Supply boat cargo transfer.
- Bunkering/bulk liquid transfer.
- Helideck Operations.
- Air and marine communications.
- Demonstrated competence as per training profile.
- Demonstrated stability management recovery competence as Ballast Control Officer.3/2
- Member of FCS incident response team.
- Coxswain for survival craft.
- Occupational First Aid.
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- This position is ideally suited to a Defence Force veteran (ex Navy) and Chevron encourages veterans to apply
- Australian Full working rights
- 2 year contract (April 2024 - Apr 2026)
- Perth based with ad hoc trips to Okpo and mobilising for FCS (Field Control Station) Commissioning
- Janz lo Project
- 9 hour days & every second Friday off
- Work with a Global energy company
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trade and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406712