About this role: Mechanical Designer/ Engineer
Mechanical Designer/ Engineer
Brunel is currently looking for a Mechanical Designer/Engineer to work under the supervision of the LHD & Trucks Engineering Manager. The Mechanical Designer/Engineer will be responsible for developing innovative products to solve customer problems. This includes customer visits, defining problems, developing concepts, conducting cross-functional reviews, selecting components, creating detailed designs, prototyping and testing systems, releasing production designs, providing manufacturing support, and assisting field personnel.
- Utilize computer-aided design (SolidWorks) software to create 3D drawings and schematics of parts, assemblies, and technical renderings.
- Create detailed drawings to capture, process, dimensions, inspection and other pertinent engineering information utilizing knowledge of engineering principles and applicable design standards and EHS regulations.
- Develop drawings from notes, sketches, existing drawings, design concepts, verbal instruction and/or engineering specifications.
- Document updates to designs and ensure that any changes are recorded and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures
- Design, analyze and test mechanical components using SolidWorks CAD system and using FEA to verify mechanical components to make up capital equipment.
- Provide support during the assembly phase of capital equipment.
- Prepare shop drawing package for equipment (including SRF drawing and General Assembly drawing).
- Perform drawing updates to address ECNs and NCRs.
- Prepare proposal drawings and cost estimates as required to support sales.
- Provide technical support to service department to resolve design issues and commissioning issues.
- Define validation strategy and execute system validation
- Work with production and quality to test functionality of machine after build.
- Visit customer sites to support sales, on site issue and commissioning issues as required.
- Collaborate with Powertrain Specialist, Hydraulic, Controls, and Electrical Engineers on all aspects of system design.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years with design of underground hard rock equipment.
- Fully competent with 3D CAD design, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experienced in weldment design and stress analysis.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes (in particular welding and machining).
- Understanding of Bill of Materials and MRP systems/ ECN / NCR.
- Experienced with Microsoft office software and ERP systems.
- Experienced with project management methodologies and software.
- High-level of initiative with ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary