About this role: Marine Commercial Analyst
- Provide analytics support related to the COMPANY’s business concerning the acquisition and optimization of a fleet of chartered LNG carriers.
- Persons providing these SERVICES would work either remotely or at COMPANY’s offices in Doha.
- COMPANY has secured production capacity at four (4) shipyards in Korea and China (“Shipyards”) to construct a series of LNG carriers for delivery between 2023 and 2027 in support of COMPANY’s North Field Expansion Project. COMPANY, on behalf of COMPANY, is negotiating a series of charterparties with independent third party companies (“Owner / Operators”) to take ownership of the Vessels and steward their design and construction, with COMPANY providing an oversight role of both the Shipyards and the Owner / Operators as charterer’s representative.
- The LNG industry has evolved from static markets with long term contracts to a dynamic, short-term market, and the COMPANY LNG fleet must continually evolve to match this dynamic market, as well as to comply with a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape.
- COMPANY must therefore continually assess and analyse all facets of its fleet cost and performance, in order to optimize shipping capacity and minimize cost.
- Support all analytical work associated with the vessel acquisition effort for the North Field Expansion Project, existing vessel replacements and other initiatives. To inform and support all vessel acquisition decisions, provide supporting analysis process (model) that provides long-term shipping cost projections for the full COMPANY LNG fleet. The analysis must cover variables such as ship size, fuel consumption, trade patterns, synergies across multiple production sources, etc.
- Provide a wide range of analytical work to the COMPANY Project Team to support operational, commercial and economic decisions related to technology selection, contractual structures, ownership structures, shipping market industry, and various other items associated with the future of the COMPANY LNG fleet. Participate in Logistics Simulation modelling to the extent appropriate.
- Support the economic and analytical work in support of contractual negotiations with shipyards and ship owners, including commercial support and analysis for all tender evaluations.
- Work with external contractors as necessary to deliver analytical, commercial other support as required.
- Periodically engage with COMPANY-designated stakeholders to ensure buy-in and support of all major factors of the fleet expansion effort.
- Coordinate initiatives and manage interfaces as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering, or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in the energy sector, in a data analytics role that entails working with large volumes of data, data regression and trend identification, simple economic analyses (discounted cash flow, etc.), and simulation modeling
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of financial analysis and economic concepts. Strong MS Excel skills are required.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to demonstrate conceptual thinking skills.
- Good written and spoken English skills, strong skills in report writing and presentations.
- Good time management, leadership, developmental and interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental
- Standards as they relate to the oil & gas industry and the marine environment.
- Basic knowledge of gas/oil industry bodies, National and International maritime and shipping regulations.
- Monthly Rate in e in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 5 Days
- 1 year with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha