About this role: Major Hazard Facilities Process Safety Advisor
We are seeking a diligent and experienced Major Hazard Facilities (MHF) Process Safety Advisor for a client that is a trailblazer in the renewable energy industry. This key role will be crucial in developing a safety case for a pioneering green ammonia facility, ensuring adherence to the highest standards of health, safety, and environmental compliance.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the MHF Process Safety Advisor will focus on the development of the Safety Case for a significant green ammonia project at Gibson Island. You'll assure design meets ALARP requirements and shape the process safety elements of the Health & Safety Management System. Your contributions will directly impact the safe and sustainable operation of a facility at the vanguard of renewable technology.
- Engage with regulators to develop the MHF Safety Case in accordance with stringent regulations.
- Ensure that major hazard management throughout the facility's lifecycle meets the criteria of the WorkHealth and Safety Regulation 2011.
- Spearhead the delivery and approval process of the Safety Case, aligning with project schedules.
- Assure project teams of risk reduction to ALARP for design stages across multiple risk categories.
- Develop operational documents and systems to support ongoing process safety management post-commissioning.
- Craft training and competence frameworks for operational and maintenance personnel in charge of process safety.
- Maintain effective communication channels with all project stakeholders and ensure a consistent approach for current and future MHF.
- Engineering degree at Bachelors level or higher.
- Eligibility for Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) status.
- A minimum of 10 years in Process Safety, with tangible experience in projects and operations.
- A thorough understanding of Australian and international codes/standards and statutory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining Process Safety management systems.
- Proven consultative and influential capabilities across organizational levels.
- Effective decision-making skills in high-pressure situations.
- Strong teamwork ethos, offering support and collaboration as needed.
- Legal right to work in Australia.
Join our team and be at the forefront of an innovative project that's shaping the future of renewable energy. As a Major Hazard Facilities Process Safety Advisor, you will not only enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to a greener future but also receive highly competitive hourly rates that recognize the critical importance and expertise of your role.
Partner with us and elevate your career to new heights, leveraging our comprehensive support system and the opportunity to engage with some of the industry's best minds.
Apply today and take a definitive step towards a rewarding career that offers both professional growth and financial satisfaction.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane