Vacancy number • PUB406629
Brunel is partnering with a global leader in inspection, verification, testing, and certification services, who are searching for a highly skilled Loading Master to join their team in Gladstone, QLD.
About this role
As the Loading Master you will supervise, control and manage the entire berthing and loading operations of the LNG carriers in a safe, efficient, and customer-focused manner.
- Conducting compatibility studies for LNG tankers and monitoring mooring analysis using the OPTIMOOR program.
- Participating in pre-arrival correspondences with relevant parties.
- Supervising berthing, mooring, and un-berthing of LNG tankers, as well as gangway movement.
- Conducting pre-load meetings and discuss the ship shore checklist with vessel's senior officers.
- Carry out safety checks, and emergency shutdown tests.
- Supervising the loading arms' connection, observing pressure tests, and reporting any issues.
- Following up on LNG loading to ensure a smooth and safe operation.
- Communicating with terminal personnel for cool-down operations and adhering to loading rates.
- Conducting periodic safety inspections on ships and jetties.
- Overseeing ramp down, loading completion, purging, and draining operations.
- Managing cargo documentation, relieving staff on leave, and ensuring compliance with client and site requirements.
- Marine Qualification - preferably Master Class I, minimum Chief Officer Certificate of competency (Desirable) OR 2nd Engineer with LNG experience.
- Experienced in the loading and berthing of the LNG carriers.
- Ability to plan and manage time and resources.
- High degree of organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of procedures, including ISO (9001-2008) systems.
- Professional manner.
- Proficient in OPTIMOOR program.
- Valid Australian Driving License.
- Obtain and maintain Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Sound knowledge of the Shipping Industry.
- Gladstone, QLD based role
- 5 days on 4 days off roster
- $148,000 p/a
- Candidates must reside in Gladstone or be willing to relocate (relocation packages available for suitable candidates within Australia)
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trade and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406629