About this role: Lead Planning Engineer
- Establish project baseline schedule for each project and RFM.
- Project time-control in general.
- Set out project planning and control requirement for all contracts in order to ensure proper project time control process on contractors’ side.
- Prepare Campaign and Shutdown Planning.
- Integrated Operational Planning IOP.
- Demonstrate full compliance with the code of conduct
- Knowledge of Company HSE policy, rules and procedures (HSE MS) and in particular ISO14001 standard.
- Observance of the company HSE policy, rules and procedures.
- Participation to HSE activities and global improvement (e.g. referential, reporting, REX, audits, Maestro, trainings, HSE action plans…).
- Conduct safety talk meeting with Contractors
ETHICS & COMPLIANCE:
- Demonstrate full compliance with Company code of conduct regarding procurement and business integrity.
- Contribute and promote the compliance with the Group and the affiliate’s rules and procedures.
- Follow local HSE regulations, laws, rules, obtains necessary authorizations to operate.
Establish project baseline schedule for each project and RFM.
- Study the Scope Of Requirement (SOR). Clarify the scope of work with engineers.
- Establish project contracting strategy together with project management team.
- Propose a realistic baseline schedule to project manager, conduct baseline schedule review, highlight the critical path, constraints and potential clashes and synergies with Drilling and Field Operation activities.
- Get project baseline schedule sanctioned by project manager.
Project time-control in general.
- Establish overall progress measurement template for each major project.
- Prepare baseline S-Curve for each major project.
- Gather and process project actual data to produce project schedule status including project overall progress, project progress trend, remaining work and forecast.
- Perform schedule and progress analysis.
- Prepare and issue dashboard for selected major projects.
- Timely highlight project schedule risks to the attention of project manager, project team members and ECP management.
Set out project planning and control requirement for all contracts in order to ensure proper project time-control process on contractors ’ s ide.
- Define contract milestones and update progress measurement procedure for each contract prior to CFT/RFQ.
- Review contractor’s baseline schedule, make sure that it meets contract milestones and critical path is well identified.
- Attend weekly meetings with contractors/suppliers for major contracts/purchase orders.
- Review contractor’s weekly report, evaluate actual progress and contract time-performance (plan vs actual).
- Identify with contractor any Workfront when possible and applicable
- Highlight problems that could lead to late completion or late delivery.
- In case of delay, work together with contractor to find the root cause of the delay and assist contractor in preparing recovery plan.
Prepare Offshore Campaign and Shutdown Planning.
- Establish good Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for each project to be performed during offshore campaign. Prepare list of activities for each WBS element. Work together with engineers and construction representatives to clarify battery limit between WBS elements.
- Collect and clarify scope of work to be performed by Field Operation during offshore campaign
- Gather all technical and non-technical information that are necessary for proper planning i.e. mandatory activity sequence, preferred sequence, activity duration, resource requirement, shutdown requirement, technical constraints etc.
- Transfer list of activities and all other planning data to Primavera and perform scheduling and resource analysis.
- Issue campaign planning for review, collect feedbacks, incorporate comments and rerun the schedule.
- Campaign scope fine-tuning process involving resource analysis until end of Campaign.
Integrated Operational Planning IOP.
- Weekly update of project/RFM site activities for the 5 Week Look Ahead.
- Monthly update project/RFM site activities for the 4 Month Planning.
- Prepare ECP 24 Month Planning covering all projects and major RFM. Conduct internal review prior to rolling up to asset level. Handover
- 24 Month Planning to DEV Planning Engineer including all necessary information.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Above 10 years’ experience in planning and in O&G
- Organizational/business awareness and maturity
- dvanced applications/ specialist applications in planning (MSP, Primavera, Pertmaster)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication skill and multitasking thinking
- Show greater initiative and ability to solve defined problems under minimum supervision
- Effective time management to meet deadlines
- Strong technical background and ability to translate project s cope of work, requirement, and constraints into planning
- Recognized level of expertise in planning activities
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 24 Months with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha