About this role: Lead Planner
On behalf of our client, a High-Profile Global Company within the Energy Sector, Brunel has a unique contract opportunity for a Lead Planner, 12 month contract located in the Perth CBD. The role is responsible for the development planning of an ongoing study into execution for a prodigious project, including implementation of progress measurement systems and processes; cost control systems alignment; managing and leading contractor schedules including approvals, change management and analysing progress and potential claims.
- Development of study schedule into execution schedule, ensuring integration with budget
- Schedule management ensuring quality and accuracy including reflection of the project scopeReview and approve contractor schedules inclusive of bar charts, S-curves, histograms, deliverables, probability and accuracy analysis
- Update progress and integration of contractor schedules into the master program
- Maintain interface milestones between contractors and client managed scope
- Manage change control for the planning and progress measurement systems
- Communication of the impacts of changes on the schedule and dashboard reporting to the leadership team
- Apply Earned Value Management techniques to measure/status and monitor progress and performance
- Accurate and timely issuing of both weekly and month end reports
- Facilitate schedule workshops, risk reviews and contractors' meetings related to schedule and progress
- Establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide leadership and development to other planners and schedulers
- Coordination of planning aspects within the broader project services team ensuring alignment and collaboration with the other functions
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or internationally accredited project controls certification
- Proficient with Primavera P6, Pertmaster Risk Analysis software, Microsoft Office Suite, Acumen Fuse, Risk Analysis, One Pager and Business Intelligence tools including Power BI
- Extensive Planning experience\Broad understanding of facilities engineering and Project Control issues Highly developed communication skills and cross cultural influencing skills for working with a team and contractors of varied nationalities and background
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing planning teams
- Ability to interpret documentation and drawings, apply to the Integrated Master Schedule and
- understand overall project schedule and business priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of Process Facility Engineering principles
- Strong understanding and demonstrated knowledge of project management principles, procurement and contract processes
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated knowledge of schedule risk concepts and techniques and facilities construction technics
- Experience in large scale projects in international environments
- Client-side / Operator experience with exposure to the full project life cycle, from concept through to execution, and the associated stages
- Excellent opportunity to expand your career within the Energy sector
- Dynamic work environment
- Attractive negotiable day rate
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth