About this role: Lead of Transportation and Installation - Execution
- Support various stakeholders (EPC teams, Shared Services) to meet their respective objectives by discharging T&I engineering (including transportation, heavy lifts, float-over, pipelay, subsea cable lay, subsea) responsibilities and duties efficiently and effectively – multiple accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ensure there is quality, effectiveness and consistency in the T&I processes, systems, procedures, and work products
- Must be able to manage the respective priorities, drivers and challenges of the stakeholders while maintaining focus on their respective execution objectives
- Support multiple internal and external interfaces across and Shareholder organizations and EPC Contractors - require effective communication, initiative, flexibility, and collaboration
- As T&I Execution Lead, provide knowledge and experience technical and execution input to engineering designs and installation procedures, ensure the install-ability of the design is consistent with established industry processes and effectively manage operational issue resolution through strong interfaces with both company and contractor teams delivering full alignment on the installation execution.
- Through his broad offshore installation knowledge, he shall ensure that the different onshore preparations, near shore scope and offshore installation campaigns are performed safely and efficiently during every phase, including pre-commissioning and preservation, and shall be available “on call” and responsive to resolve all operational issues during that process.
- Lead, monitor, and ensure EPC Contractors’ deliverables and other submittals are reviewed and approved in accordance with the EPC contract
- Actively engage with Interface Management to manage interfaces with 3rd party operators eg pipelines crossing 3rd party assets, other EPC contractors, operations
- Provide T&I inputs to HAZid’s, FRAs, Constructability Reviews etc
- Manages marine assurance processes across all T&I EPCs marine operations activities – including vessel suitability assessments, marine assurance inspections and audits (e.g., OVID), marine warranty surveys, DP assurance
- Review of transportation and installation procedures from engineering perspective such as heavy lifts, jacket launches, topside floatovers, pipeline, cable, umbilical, crossings, post installed risers including stalk ons, freespan correction, pilling, load out, float on, float off, trenching, burial, beach pull, transpooling and others
- Engaged with execution planning, preparation and direct execution and operations of all aspects of the offshore installation requirements of the project including but not limited to following scope activities to ensure all key objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Structural T&I execution and verification including associated studies, analysis, execution procedures (e.g. for grillage and seafastening design, jacket launch and upending analysis, design and verification of installation and lifting aids, heavy lift analysis, rigging design, pile driving, transportation, float-over, etc.)
- Pipelines including shore approach works, beach pull, pipelay, subsea skids, subsea spool, stalk on riser, flange risers, mechanical connectors/SMARTFLANGE, SIT/FAT, pre-commissioning, preservation
- Fiber optic cable and power/composite cable including conduit installation, beach pull, trans-spooling, cable lay, 1st and 2nd end pull up, hang off, testing
- Umbilical including laying, 1st and 2nd end pull up, hang off, testing
- Pipeline decommissioning
- Offshore platform complex installation including transportation, float-over, heavy lifts, jacket launches, topside float-over, pile installation
- Actively engage with Operations, Marine and Logistics organizations to solicit input, provide feedback and seek alignment with T&I execution plans
- Monitor overall performance, KPIs and accurate assessment and reporting of T&I progress
- Manage T&I risks defined in Risk Management and Mitigation Plans effectively and timely, and approve T&I execution design changes, coordinate all onshore and installation changes specification revisions and exceptions in accordance with the Project Management of Change (PMOC) processes.
- Support MWS approval of CONTRACTOR’s T&I execution deliverables
- Support performance monitoring through surveillance and analytics of T&I scope – perform necessary assessments, identify opportunities for improvements, application of lessons learned
- Provide execution support during offshore installation phase in a timely manner
- Recommended 15+ years of experience with at least 10 years demonstrated T&I project management and execution experience
- Experience in multiple T&I execution and operational aspects including offshore heavy lifts, float-over, pipeline, and cable installations, load-out and transportation; with float-over installation engineering and execution experience considered an advantage
- Experience with float-over installation is preferred
- Worldwide experience with contractors in particular those involved in the Offshore projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact within a PMT
- Application and in-depth knowledge of stakeholder specifications and a working knowledge of Industry standards
- Preferred Engineering Degree or relevant on the job experience
- Extensive project management experience in a senior leadership and supervisory role
- Required to have offshore survival certificate and be able to pass an offshore medical evaluation.
- OPITO certification is considered a plus.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Ability to work on or be based on a platform or vessel
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha