About this role: Lead Instrument Engineer
- Ensure Engineering Dossier are delivered with a robust instrumentation engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of COMPANY standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure assigned project tasks within instrument discipline are well managed in accordance with the project execution plan and contractual requirements that includes:
- Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project Instrument discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome.
- Assisting to project studies and meetings related to the Instrument discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity.
- Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the Instrument discipline, conducting impact assessment to provide detailed information to Package Engineering Manager for decision making.
- High performance, competency, and availability of the resources within the Instrument team in close coordination with Package Engineering Coordinator/Lead.
- The scope of activities will concern green field (new development), brownfield activities (on existing platforms) and integration works. The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, …
- Major Projects involve the development of new offshore platforms, integration to the existing facilities, installation of subsea pipelines, debottlenecking of existing functions, all these activities will be executed across several international sites. Projects involves complex interfaces with other entities of COMPANY.
- Engineering development take place in Doha for the FEED and CFT phases and then will be relocated to the EPC Contractor’s premises which will be confirmed upon completion of the CFT stage.
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions or relocations to follow-up engineering development with various contractors.
- The Job holder belongs to the Major Project Engineering Team and reports to the Engineering Manager Major Projects and functionally reports to Package Engineering Coordinator. He is the focal point for all Instrument Engineering subjects for the concerned package during the EPC execution phase.
- He supervises a team consisting of 2 to 3 instrument engineers, that team will be overseeing the instrument design development of EPC Engineering Contractor.
- The lead Instrument engineer is based in COMPANY premises during the CFT stages and then will be relocated to EPC CTR premises during the execution stage of the project.
- Ensure, control and coordinate the proper realization of the Instrument design in compliance with project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety.
- Plan, prepare and lead the Instrument discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor in close coordination with Package Engineering Coordinators.
- Identify and manage Instrument engineering technical decisions to be made. Define and manage clear way forward for these decisions to be made and agreed within Engineering phase time schedule.
- Monitor closely the discipline progress, define all actions and manage them to secure the design completion.
- Work closely with Package Engineering Coordinators to coordinate and manage Instrument engineering interfaces with other disciplines, other packages, and COMPANY stakeholders.
- Detail and monitor the Instrument interface parameters with other EPC packages.
- Assist Package Engineering Coordinators in preparation of Package Engineering Execution Plan to develop agreed based lines for Instrument discipline.
- Ensure project documents related to the Instrument discipline are reviewed and commented in a timely manner and in accordance with COMPANY standards, project specification and contractual requirements.
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit for purpose design to reduce and to optimize planning and costs,
- Ensure as far as possible standardization of design proposals for wellhead platforms.
- Ensure issuance of timely and clear response to contractors and vendors requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Liaise with discipline engineer to identify/review the protentional deviations/derogations to the COMPANY to ensure deviation package is mature for CMS submission and approval.
- Consult E&C department to instrument discipline derogation requests and interface with relevant TRPs to secure needed approvals.
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback/lesson learned from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance.
- Define, follow up and evaluate the Instrument discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors, ensure the studies completed as per approved project gate and maturity.
- Assist in preparation and attend to project studies including model review, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, CHAZOP, constructability review, PRs and other studies as directed by Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, HAZID, etc.…).
- Monitor and report the maturity index of Instrument discipline for the next to come technical reviews (engineering gates), to ensure they are performed with an engineering dossier at the required maturity.
- Participate in weekly and monthly engineering meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Assist in preparation of engineering progress reports detailing Instrument discipline across schedule. risks and technical issues to ensure accurate and timely information available to package management team.
- Identify, review and check the engineering scope change related to Instrument discipline, carry out required technical assessment in order to provide accurate information to management for decision making.
- Ensure the design follows the approved SOR, basis of design and project standards, captured and manage any changes as per project change management plan.
- Monitor the progress of Instrument discipline, detect any risks to the discipline scope and progress and provide action plans to mitigate the risks.
- Assist Package Engineer Coordinator in assessment of project change orders.
- Assist Package Engineer Coordinator in project risk management activities.
- Promote & comply in all activities with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures.
- Manage Instrument Engineering activities and ensure high performance within the team.
- Control and manage the working load of the Instrument team, update package engineering manager on performance, competency and requirement of resources.
- Qualification: Engineering degree in Instrument engineering,
- Experience: minimum 15 years’ experience as Instrument engineer in Oil and Gas offshore activities.
- At least 3 years of experiences as Lead Instrument Engineer supervising a team.
- Extensive experience in Instrument engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Computer literate, especially in Instrument calculation software and AVEVA Instrument Product.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiar with Total general specifications is a plus, and with relevant codes and standards,
- Language: fluent English,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-OCT-2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha