About this role: Lead Design Engineer I – Mechanical
Our Client, one of the largest PMC is currently recruiting for Lead Design Engineer I - Mechanical for their long-term PMC Contract under the major projects based in Kuwait. Candidates with PMC experience in oil and gas projects / EPC / consulting organization, with a good knowledge of international codes and standards, can apply for these roles.
- To ensure mechanical equipment design integrity whilst leading the mechanical equipment engineering group on specific projects;
- To provide specialist rotating equipment input to conceptual studies, FEEDs and detailed design for oil & gas developments.
- Ensure that design is fully compliant with Project Specification and client, international and local standards;
- Preparation of specifications for, and evaluation of, rotating equipment packages;
- Perform engineering design as required;
- Duties will include conceptual design and specification of rotating and packaged equipment and review of EPC’s detailed designs, technical bid evaluation and vendor documentation;
- Allocate work to team members. Ensure that within assigned team, personnel work within their competencies and with appropriate supervision;
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit;
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures;
- Ensure that conceptual and detail design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks and achieving a good balance between design costs and implementation costs;
- Evidence of feedback from supervisors and/or superintendents that constructability issues are addressed adequately in design and that work packs contain sufficient detail with no unnecessary content;
- Conduct site investigations, prepare reports.
- Hands on experience with large gas turbine driven compressors, pumps, generators packages is mandatory. Experience of other packaged equipment is desirable;
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities;
- Experienced in the specification for, evaluation of and documentation for rotating equipment packages in a PMC environment would be advantageous;
- Ability to work in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work on multiple assignments to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum 15 years of total post graduation experience;
- Minimum 10 years mechanical design experience in the Oil & Gas environment;
- Minimum 5 years in the stated designation;
- Minimum 1 year experience with the company in the similar position;
- Minimum of 3 years in automation software for the specialty.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wasim Hassan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait