About this role: Lead Civil Engineer - Compression Project
- Lead activities in respect to onshore civil/structural tendering, detailed design, technical and support including execution definition, procurement, installation, and testing/commissioning.
- Review project technical requirements and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Implements the delivery of Onshore Civil/Structural detailed design, risk-based evaluation of complex technical issues, ensuring detailed design deliverables are compliant with project requirements, while meeting required quality expectations.
- Coordinates the delivery (content and timing) of offshore structures deliverables in accordance with project requirements from EPC Contractor.
- Coordinate the activities of the EPC contractors, vendors and subcontractors, as required, to ensure quality assurance and production timing of the Onshore Buildings deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and budget.
- Analyze technical attachments and scope description of structures/buildings related purchase orders to ensure compliance with scope description in related contracts.
- Ensure Onshore Civil/Structural engineering design is in accordance with the project's change management program and consistent with the engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc.); steward recovery plans to address any schedule delays and resolution of Contractor’s engineering claims, if any.
- Supply previous lessons learned knowledge to enhance project performance and ensure that current project lessons learned are captured for future reference.
- Assess Contractor’s Civil/Structural related activities in respect to engineering execution by ensuring plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements adhere to specifications, standards, and design verification processes.
- Cooperate with review teams and support post-audit activities related to civil/structural design.
- Oversee EPC Contractors to ensure compliance with project and RLIC requirements in the Design.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline.
- 15 years’ overall experience, 10 years’ relevant experience with 5 years in a Lead Civil/Structural engineering level with overall responsibility for civil engineering execution of onshore projects.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, appropriate safety criteria, onshore facilities and structure design, construction, operations, and engineering administration.
- Preferable to have worked or engaged with local Qatari Building Contractors
- Familiar with working in Industrial Cities
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and interface skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and experience of project management systems similar to PMS.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha