Vacancy number • PUB406359
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Scheduler with our client who is a global, leading mining and metals company.
This is a long-term, contract position on a 4x1 rotation (4-weeks on site, 1-week off) for candidates who are outside the geography. This position will work on rotation on-site in El Paso, Texas. Travel accommodations, housing, transportation, and a monthly stipend will be included for non-locals. Standard schedule for locals.
About the Role
Participates and coordinates scheduling functions within project controls functional area for moderate to high-risk capital engineering and construction projects. Assists in project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement and reporting. Assists in establishing project baseline schedules and documentation and facilitates/ updates project plans and schedules. Provides inputs to weekly/monthly reports. Reports to the Lead Planner/Project Controls Manager as directed by the Manager of Project Controls.
About this role
- Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations
- Interact with the Project Controls team in the development of the project schedule and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information, conduct analyses and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project.
- Ability to develop dashboards and PowerPoint presentations with the Planning/scheduling information and progress curves.
- Coordinate and review contractor schedule and schedule.
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work.
- Participates in project baseline process for schedule and participate in progress measurement as well as forecasting of final schedule throughout the project. Assist to ensure all planning is conducted in accordance with company standards and procedures and that schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slippages identified in schedule.
- Provide inputs to weekly/monthly reports and coordinate timely completion of reports/dashboards for the project and corporate.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of heavy industrial construction
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields with at least five (5) years of experience in the field or construction project site OR
- High School diploma or GED and eight (8) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with five (5) years of experience in the field or construction project site
- Experience with construction of metal mining operations, especially with regards all disciplines of construction.
- Experience with construction mega projects.
- Experience with planning and scheduling for civil projects, project scheduling and project controls
- Skilled in related scheduling software (Primavera (P6), MS Project, etc.
- Advanced Excel knowledge – Developing complex progress charts and histograms
- Basic to intermediate knowledge in PowerBI / SharePoint
- Position can offer a 4x1 rotation for someone not local. Our client will set you up in all expense-paid, single-status furnished housing for 4 weeks working on site, then fly you home for 1 week off. If you're not local to the area, you'll also receive $750/month stipend, and transportation to and from site.
- You will be eligible for benefits starting on your first day of employment. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, as well as 401K match.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406359