About this role: Investment Manager Tech
Our client a niche investment organisation has been investing in great research for over 20 years. This is a newly created role as the organisation enters a new phase of investment. They are seeking an Investment Manager Technology based in Melbourne.
The position involves liaising with university commercialisation teams, researchers, incubators and accelerators within VIC to find Technology investment opportunities, complete due diligence and close opportunities through company sale.
- Work with universities to commercialise their research, including creating role models, educating and leading conversations
- Identify opportunities, provide feedback and collaborate with partner teams throughout investment process (including the Investment Committee).
- Complete due diligence and close investment opportunities.
- Provide ongoing guidance and including correct commercial and financial strategy to exit by taking a seat on the board or becoming a project manager in investee company.
- Work collaboratively in with team members including other VCs, other non-partner research institutions, government and industry.
- Successful candidate will be asked to complete the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course if they have not already done so.
- Entrepreneurial background including working with start-ups.
- Knowledge and experience in software, engineering and/or physical sciences
- Investment Manager OR Commercialisation experience
Salary $170k-$200k + Super
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidate.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Serena Hui is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane