About this role: Instrumentation Lead Process
- Responsible for overseeing Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities for assigned Areas to ensure EPC PC&C Contractor and Subcontractor executes instrumentation activities and delivers systems and subsystems as per agreed planning until completion.
- Ensures PC&C engineering (preparation), such as systemization, pre-commissioning and commissioning planning, database set-up in coordination with other stakeholder disciplines and company and contractor/subcontractor departments, i.e. planning. Provides clear guidance to the EPC Contractor and facilitates resolution of pre-comm/comm issues to meet project objectives and milestones.
- This position is responsible to ensure all planning and execution activities associated with the pre-comm/comm of assigned area instrumentation is achieved by the EPC contractor, including third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc., and are executed to Project’s specifications and COMPANY requirements.
- Major challenges for this role include (1) effectively guide EPC contractor, including vendors and subcontractors and pre-comm/comm team to produce timely deliverables up to start-up. (2) maintaining constructive working relationship with EPC contractor, including vendors and subcontractors to ensure delivery and execution of pre-comm/comm work scope in accordance with project requirements and (3) maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g., Operations, quality, engineering, construction) to ensure alignment of systems completions execution.
- Delivering of the scope of work for the assigned area instrumentation to achieve project expectations, in particular design and construction of very large facilities.
- Provides Instrument pre-comm/comm expertise, to lead safe execution of the instrument Pre-Comm and Commissioning scope of work in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule. Demonstrate leadership in planning and execution driving EPC contractor to deliver as per project milestones.
- Review, approve Instrument Pre-Comm/Comm checksheets, Construction Work Packages, and provide supervision of pre-comm/comm scope of work by EPC contractor, supports contractor by helping to address gaps and coordination with operations and other disciplines within CPY team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction, operations Teams and accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned in compliance with project objectives, Instrument specification and industry best practices.
- Guides EPC Contractor's Instrument pre-comm/comm activities and validating contracts, including vendors, subcontractor resources, personnel qualifications, usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes. Provide assurance of CTR/SCTR adhere to Project SHES procedures.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s procedures for SIMOPS, Work under Permit, Partial Handover requirements and perform progress measurement / reporting to drive assigned pre-commissioning/commissioning activities. Lead puch close out activities and handovers.
- Manages the Instrument discipline deliverables updates/relines and support field engineering where needed in support of pre-comm/comm activities. Where needed, develop short term mitigation plans to achieve intermediate milestones and briding scope for final completions.
- Responsible for following up and assuring schedule and related milestones are achieved, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs), identify material & skills gaps, develop recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing, and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
- Develop plan where Instrument needs to be re-ranged or replaced to support pre-start-up activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience as an Instrumentation Commissioning Engineer with a broad knowledge of commissioning planning and execution experience, for LNG liquefaction facilities or large Oil & Gas facility.
- Experienced pre-commissioning/commissioning of field instrumentation such as Smart Transmitters, Fiscal Metering Systems, Tank Gauging, Specialty Analyzers / sampling systems, Gas Chromatographs, Control & On / Off Valves, ESDV, Blowdown Valves and accessories, MOV’s, Fire & Gas devices, BMS / Flare Panels and specialty instruments associated with large compressors.
- Good understanding of International (ISA/IEC) Standards and best practices in the areas of Instrumentation installations.
- Demonstrated experience of using Instrument calibration tools and instrument configuration set-ups.
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, development of instrumentation pre-comm/comm procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading contractor teams.
- Experience with Smart Completions database use and set-up desirable.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Dec-2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha