About this role: Instrument Engineering Specialist
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Advise and support Instrumentation Engineering activities during EPC and Startup phase until handover to permanent Asset whilst ensuring project deliverables meet Operations expectations in term of Safety, Operability, Reliability and Maintainability over the facility design life cycle.
- Provide a variety of Instrument engineering supports to contribute to the division strategy and goals which includes design reviews (e.g., SIL workshops, assessment and verification, HAZOP, etc.), commissioning, startup, failure analysis and advanced troubleshooting.
- Develop and implement surveillance and administration programs for critical Instrument and Systems of new projects to achieve high standards of Reliability, Availability and Cybersecurity.
- Define and document best practices within the area of expertise and recommend performance improvement initiatives.
- Develop plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of tasks and activities, meeting the section and division KPIs.
- Provide technical input related to area of expertise to other disciplines and functions as per requirements to support overall business objectives.
- Control and supervise the activities undertaken by contractors, consultants and service providers.
- Guide less experienced engineers in implementing the company integrity and reliability systems.
- Support and facilitate smooth completion of project tie-in requirements for all systems under the area of responsibility.
- Maintain Issue Register identifying and resolving critical issues including new technology risks (under area of responsibility) which could impact new project Reliability, Availability and Cyber Security.
- Support high risk commissioning activities for high complex & large-scale projects by (a)undertaking stringent system surveillance, (b) tuning and optimizing instrument and F&G systems, and (c) providing advisory supports to Operations and Maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 8 years' experience in an oil and gas environment.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of DCS, PLCs, ESD/F&G Systems, Anti Surge Control Systems, Metering Systems, and Turbine/Compressor Control Systems and full knowledge of SIL requirement.
- Able to work and make decisions under highly stressing conditions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong leadership & people skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP, CONVAL, InstruCal).
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha