About this role: Instrument & Control Engineering Lead
- Lead the Instrument & Control Engineering activities for North Field Expansion Offshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardized processes and to provide Functional Safety design support to Offshore Division Engineering Manager Pipelines ensuring all aspects are delivered to the highest standards.
- This role conducts technical instrument and control engineering evaluations of an EPC Project, including risk based evaluation of complex technical issues, which may have a significant commercial impact on project execution, ensuring they are compliant, technically qualified and consistent with project requirements
- Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialized area.
- Ensure that the Contractor’s Instrument, Control and Telecom Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering, and Gas and MEG Pipeline designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Plan and schedule the I&C engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Supervises and ensures that the Contractor’s Functional Safety Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering and Pipeline designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that Instrument, Control, Functional Safety design recommendation are correctly implemented and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Supervises the Engineering interface between the Instrument, Control and Telecom of Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) and Pipeline engineering and the following teams: Operations, Drilling, Well Management, the Jacket, the pipelines from the topsides perspective, the Onshore Project Team.
- Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Supports Offshore Engineering Manager and Offshore Engineering Division Manager Pipelines in monitoring the contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents in the Instrument Control and Telecom of Topsides and Pipeline disciplines.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the Instrument Control and Telecoms related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering, and ensures endorsement of Process Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the contractors design or deviations from the company directives.
- Bachelor Degree in Instrument & Control Engineering.
- 15 years experience working in Instrument and Controls engineering, preferably in a major project environment within the Offshore and Onshore oil and gas industry and having a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Previous knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution required.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, coordination, technical, and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs etc.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha