About this role: Information Management Systems Specialist
- Ensuring effective implementation and steward of TAG Management System, procedures and data verification tools within Company OPCO including interface with EPC Contractor to deliver the data integrity
- Performs data validation and reporting to monitor the data integrity and consistency of work done by EPC Contractor
- Ensure fitness-for-purpose of data through execution of data validation and verification as appropriate
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
- Review the Tag Management System process/procedures and recommend appropriate actions to implementation, customization and troubleshooting.
- Perform short-term and ad hoc analysis related to Tag reservation by end users.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the updated Tag Management System after implementation, and continuously refine and optimize as necessary.
- Establish a robust change management process to facilitate the smooth transition from the current system and procedure to the updated versions, including appropriate training and communication to affected stakeholders.
- Implement a contingency plan in case any unforeseen issues or challenges arise during the design updates or implementation process, to minimize potential risks and disruptions to the project.
- Maintain the data/taxonomy gateway, ensuring all data/taxonomy collection are validated and publish via Tag Management System
- Validate correctness and completeness of data collection from Major project/Contractors.
- Work closely with each Major project team to ensure that the contractors and vendors understands the data requirements, and in ensuring that subsequent data collection is appropriately collected, for successful transfer to project database, both qualitative and quantitative aspects.
- Work closely with IT and related Stakeholder to customize and restructure the System to ensure the System meets Company required and fitness-for-purpose to End Users.
- Carry out verification and validation of the data at appropriate stages of the project’s life cycle, ensuring the consistency and quality of the data is aligned with progress of the project phase.
- Providing Technical support to all Company Assets to ensure Asset registry Integrity.
- Managing/Administering the end-to-end Tag Management System related process
- Review of drawings, materials submittals, and packages related to Tag Management System
- Attend all meetings and technical workshops related to Tag Management System
- Ensuring that the Projects deliverables meet Company Policy and Procedure
- Performing integrity check and all administrative tasks related to Tag Management System
- Monitoring and supervising activities related to the Tag Management System and recommend projects / suggestions to ensure efficient and reliable operations.
- Review and Develop equipment numbering strategies to ensure continuity of service and optimum performance of Systems
- Ensuring the PMT/Contractors are delivering Tags according to the Company’s standards Requirements and Policy and Procedure
- Ensures that all Taxonomy/Tags numbers are kept up to date in the Tag Management System
- Carries out various activities related to major projects for modifications and improvements to existing Tag Management system and its process
- Acts as the focal point for Tag Management System engineering matters and provides expert technical advice to Management and other departments/divisions as required. Also troubleshoots complex or system problems and recommends sound and cost-effective solutions as the problems arise.
- Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual, and other related documents.
- Meeting the requirements of the company’s business plan and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in engineering or Computer Science
- 10 years’ experience associated with Information and Document Management within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Systems preferably SPF, Bentley and Aveva engineering.
- Experience in using SAP, D2 Documentum and Power BI.
- Familiar with CFIHOS standard.
- Experience in managing large-scale projects with complex tagging requirements, including successful implementation and integration of data management systems.
- Full understanding of the EPC execution of data management, including the various phases, deliverables, and quality assurance processes.
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
- Strong IT and coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
- Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems
- Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
- Very good written and spoken English.
- High computer literacy in both office and technical / engineering applications
- Very strong team working skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 30/12/2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha