About this role: Hydrodynamics Engineer
Brunel are looking for a highly skilled Hydrodynamics Engineer!
This is a great opportunity to work on multiple projects around the globe for a major global company
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 Months
What you Will be Doing
- Deliver anchoring systems design (FPSOs, mooring systems, CALM buoys, Wind floaters notably) on projects/tenders through hydrodynamics analyses;
- Perform package engineering activities on projects for anchoring items;
- Calculate floaters motions/accelerations, waves bending moment, slamming and green water loads, design bilge keels on projects/tenders;
- Interface with other engineering disciplines and divisions (Supply Chain, Proposals, PMT) to ensure smooth project/tender execution;
- Model tests supervision (see keeping, wind tunnel tests, station keeping), including calibration of results.
What we Need to see in you:
- MSc in Offshore Hydrodynamics, or specialized engineering school such as;
- Centrale Nantes;
- Ensta Bretagne;
- Centrale Marseille;
- Knowledgeable on Hydrodynamics numerical analyses tools: Orca flex, Ariane, Hydro star;
- Experience on Hydrodynamics calculations (derivation of Hydrodynamics database, motions and accelerations calculations, wave bending moments calculations, bilge keels design) for offshore floaters is a plus;
- Fluent English.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester