About this role: Head-Project Execution
- Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
- Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Ensure the planning, management, and execution for a portfolio of facilities, brownfield modification/retrofit projects, as per Company Project Management System (CPMS) while adhering to Safety, Health, and Environment Performance for Projects in the assigned area of responsibilities.
- Reports to Projects Execution Division Manager
- Works effectively on projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility while requiring great accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-tasks and execute combined projects in multi-Assets.
- Displays flexibility in reprioritizing tasks and maintains composure while leading the subordinates in absorbing additional complexity and workload as the result of emergency and unplanned projects (Shutdown & No Shutdown) on both onshore and offshore facilities.
- Lead a team of Project Engineers (subordinates) in executing wide range projects in-line and consistent with CPMS, project objectives & strategies resulting in safe and reliable facilities.
- Promote inter-division and inter-department effective communication and encourage teamwork and sharing of lessons learned to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Review and validate company procedures to ensure the procedures support the business & organizational requirements.
- Review and endorse prequalification, evaluation, and award of contracts to the contractors and vendors. Work closely with the supply department to seek necessary tender committee approvals to progress the award of contracts & change orders.
- Assure the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using own acquired knowledge and/or by mobilizing the necessary subject matter experts to ensure cost & schedule optimization and comprehensive solutions for complex tasks.
- Ensure the project performance related to HSE, planning and scheduling, project progress measurements, efficient reporting, quality, and cost are met.
- Lead project objectives and scope of work in allocating a balanced-work assignment across all subordinates based on competency, ability, and experience levels. Oversee and ensure timely preparation, review, submit and obtain approval of projects expenses and annual budget updates.
- Communicate and interact with all internal and external stakeholders on project’s requirements, performance, issues, and resolutions to ensure customer/shareholder satisfaction.
- Monitor and implement a rigorous change management process both within the project and contract scopes ensuring fair and efficient resolution of change orders/claims from contractors and take proactive measures to minimize/eliminate claims.
- Ensure compliance with COMPANY systems and processes including the Company Project Management System (CPMS) and maintain support and adoption of all processes and provide stewardship of project objectives including cost and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science majoring in Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry, of which 3 years at supervisory level.
- Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements.
- Strong leadership skills to engage stakeholders.
- Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant software tools, systems, and tools.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha