About this role: Head-Project Controls
- Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
- Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Ensure accountability and responsibility for cost estimation of Energy Efficiency projects, planning and cost control functions for Category II to projects and provide direction in establishing consistent and sound procedures/processes for analysis and reporting which contribute to the effective decision making in line with company strategic policies.
- Role is to direct teams providing assistance to ensure timely and within the budget execution of Cat II to III complexity brownfield projects by providing functional planning and cost control process knowledge and expertise. Job holder assesses resource needs and ensure fulfilment of sufficient and qualified workforce for project planning, scheduling, cost estimation and cost control functions.
- Provide directions to establish, own, implement, and maintain integrated Projects Planning, Scheduling, Cost estimation and Cost Controls procedures for Energy Efficiency projects and uniformly across all assets.
- Oversee and ensure the contribution of Estimation, Planning and Cost control teams is in line with Projects Planning & Services Department strategy meeting objectives and Key result areas.
- Manage functional aspects of estimation, planning and cost control processes delivery, development of technical capability within the team and tool employed.
- Ensure effective communication of issues and initiatives to the functional teams and business as appropriate to ensure seamless alignment with customers is in place.
- Manage a matrix organization to establish and maintain clear reporting and lines of communication requirements for estimation, scheduling and cost control with projects management teams and maintain healthy working relationships.
- Ensure development and approval for control of cost and schedules for Company projects and steward deviation throughout project life cycle.
- Lead Work Program & Budget (WP&B) cycle, ensuring timely engagement of cost estimation, planning and cost control team.
- Review assessment of contractor claims for extension of time, additional costs and schedule for inputs to Project Management of Change process (PMOC).
- Lead initiatives to establish performance analysis process leading to benchmarking and increased awareness of best practice pertaining to base business in projects estimation, planning and cost control function.
- Provide guidance and awareness to E&P management and other stakeholders from projects estimation, cost control and schedule perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science majoring in Engineering.
- B 10 years’ multi-discipline experience in the oil & gas industry, including 3 years’ experience at supervisory level.
- Special emphasis in Project planning, cost control and cost estimation across the project phases.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at several organizational levels.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha