About this role: Head of Rotating Equipment
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Provide a high level of broad technical expertise in rotating equipment engineering discipline whilst ensuring the highest level of engineering integrity and reliability, and safety and environmental compliance. Incumbent has a key responsibility for developing his own expertise and developing expertise in the Company.
- Operates in a technical and non-technical environment of the oil and gas industry that requires input and understanding from sources outside of the core business.
- Evaluates high impact issues as a rotating equipment subject matter expert, present options and assist management in making decisions.
- Requires to independently undertake multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialized area of the discipline.
- Prepare/review specifications and procedures incorporating industry best practices.
- Provide technical information and expertise to other disciplines, engineering, and non-engineering, as per requirements as SME.
- Provide assistance to Operations and Maintenance managers in making decisions for unplanned shutdowns due to machinery issues in terms of options, scope or duration optimization.
- Study high impact rotating equipment reliability issues, analyze the causes and provide options/ recommendations for resolution with technical and economic feasibility.
- Propose solution /review equipment and/or system changes for reliability or operational enhancements and optimization.
- Perform /contribute to RCFAs, Risk Assessments, and HAZOP to find cause and eliminate or mitigate the risks.
- Conduct specialized technical and operational investigations and evaluation of complex tasks, providing recommendations on the most appropriate approach.
- Provide support to projects by carrying out technical review of documents, analyzing deviations and taking decisions.
- Support projects by carrying out machinery design audits, appraisal, selection and witnessing FAT, SAT, commissioning, start-up activities and evaluating any deviations.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and national develop to develop their capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 20 years' experience in an oil and gas environment.
- Attain/maintain/acquired competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements.
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in relevant software tools and specifications.
- Effective presentation skills
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha