Head of Materials & Preservation
Vacancy number • PUB406610
- Provide front line safety and technical leadership. Ensuring safe effective and efficient execution of site material management activities in accordance with the project schedule and compliance to quality and technical standards.
- Supporting the EPC Contractor Area Leadership team. Ensuring EPC Contractor manages activities within assigned area safely and efficiently.
About this role
- Providing visible safety leadership and care for people across Company and Contractor/Sub-Contractor organizations.
- Ensure Contractor procedures are compliant to Qatar Energy LNG minimum standards and agree contractual terms and conditions.
- Provide technical guidance to the Contractor and Company teams.
- Establish/maintain relationships, communications and coordination with contractor and company functional teams (safety, quality, construction, commissioning, engineering, business etc).
- Ensure effectiveness of Contractor material management process and systems.
- Review and monitor site receiving and overage shortage and damage reports ensuring actions are transferred by Contractor procurement team.
- Oversight of surplus and material return process.
- Ensure Contractor receives and tracks spare parts commissioning spares etc
- Confirm any spares and specialist tools to be handed to company are tracked and handover process is followed.
- Support Contractor movement of materials to / from storage/laydown and fabrication to ensure alignment with construction sequence and schedule.
- Ensure Contractor preservation process and system is operational, preservation activities are identified and completed in compliance with manufacturers and/or Contractor’s requirements.
- Review of Contractor weekly, monthly reports, responsible for close out of Company site material management actions
- Perform reviews and audits to assess the effectiveness of the Contractors procedures processes and systems.
- Ensure Contractor complies with waste management and environmental management plans.
- Bachelor’s of Science or Engineering in relevant discipline, recognized industry trade qualifications and supervisory training.
- More than (15) years proven experience - Client organizations (EPC).
- Strong material management background in construction and commissioning.
- Management experience working within large GF O&G, LNG projects.
- Proven experience with material specifications, and procedures.
- Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, Sub-contractors and Vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Jun 2027, renewable
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406610