About this role: Factory Layout Engineer
Factory Layout Engineer (Perm)Montreal. QC
We are currently in search of a Factory Layout Engineer on behalf of our client located in Montreal, Quebec. The ideal candidate should possess substantial experience in construction design, production design, and/or product design. This role uniquely combines all three disciplines, aiming to achieve exceptional designs by effectively managing all aspects of the production facility. The Factory Layout & Modelling Team is dedicated to delivering factory designs with a strong emphasis on cross-functional compatibility, technical modularity, and the implementation of industry best practices.
- Collaborate with the team to draft comprehensive factory layouts, including equipment placement.
- Engage in engineering design processes from inception through operational phases.
- Oversee site conceptualization, supplier relationships, construction, commissioning, and post-operational upgrades and modifications.
- Establish standards for layouts and backend software, actively participating in various projects alongside an 11-person team consisting of experts in piping, architecture, and layout.
- Integrate into the blueprint team, offering valuable feedback and local insights to guide decision-making.
- Engage in day-to-day interactions with various teams and provide constructive input to stakeholders in material handling, maintenance, logistics, operations, and building management.
- Adapt existing blueprint drawings as well as create new ones from scratch.
- Account for various scenarios and factors.
- Occasional travel to Sweden to interface with local teams.
- Develop holistically optimized factory designs as an integral part of the company, with a strong focus on concept and basic engineering phases.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary design scope, delivering innovative solutions to discerning stakeholders.
- Generate and manage drawings, models, and metadata in both 2D and 3D CAD environments.
- Contribute to the development of internal toolboxes and innovative work processes, pushing the boundaries of modern factory design practices.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- A degree (B.Sc/M.Sc.) in Engineering, preferably in Production, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing or production development, preferably with a focus on factory layout, factory/production design, process design, or related areas.
- Experience in packaging and manufacturing, particularly in production development.
- A broad understanding of different engineering functions.
- Experience in clean and dry room environments is advantageous, but flexibility in industry experience (e.g., manufacturing, automotive) is acceptable.
- Background in production engineering, with prior experience in a factory setting.
- Proficiency in CAD software and technical drawing.
- Flexibility to work on brownfield or greenfield projects of varying sizes.
- Knowledge of niche industries such as production engineering, process engineering, or development engineering.
- Strong familiarity with Factory Design tools, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in the Autodesk ecosystem is a notable asset.
- Intermediate-level mechanical CAD skills.
- A genuine interest and curiosity in tools, visualizations, and cutting-edge technical advancements.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto