About this role: Facilities Technician
Brunel is seeking a Facilities Technician to join our Energy client in Calgary on a one (1) year contract. Reporting to the Team Lead, Project Services within the Facilities department, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to ensure the cost effective and timely execution of project work.
- Provide support on engineering administrative activities, maintain documents, records, forms and reports, prepare and process applications / submission documents, prepare information packages / attachments, and coordinate authorizations as required
- Provide administrative support for facility projects
- Assemble weekly reports including cost, schedule, engineering management of change (EMOC) and HSSE
- Assist with daily cost control on all projects including WBS (AFE) setup up, code verification, invoicing, material transfers, AMS payments and reconciling costs
- Ensure facility and inspector safety compliance is met, upload all tickets, set up new employees / inspectors, assist with safety stand downs and entering third party UA/UCs
- Maintain facility project documentation and electronic / paper files
- Liaise with third party engineering companies as required to ensure required information is provided for compliant project close outs and as-builts
- Provide training and support to field staff on project reporting applications, equipment, and materials procurement processes and activities
- Provide support in the preparation of AFEs and cost estimates, maintain database of information, ensuring approvals are in place, preparing cost and trend analyses and monthly accrual/variance statements, as required
- Minimum of 2 years’ prior relevant experience
- Post-Secondary Diploma preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP, Open Invoice, Maximo, Generwell, SiteView, Bluebeam, Open Ticket, MS Projects and eDocs an asset.
- Experience with data management and manipulation tools such as PowerBI and excel an asset
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with an ability to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment within cross functional teams
- Previous financial or supply chain experience is considered an asset
What We OfferWhy work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what wecontinually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to
lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil &Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely,compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing –anywhere in the world
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Andy Borgatti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto