About this role: Facilities Engineering Specialist
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Oversee Contractor, review preliminary reports and drive alignment with COMPANY SMEs for all civil engineering deliverables pertaining to the onshore pipeline tie-in and the associated civil works.
- Lead assessment of pipeline crossing strategies, design of onshore pipelines and cable crossings and evaluation of the impact on the neighboring structures. Provide recommendations to PMT to minimize impact and optimize constructability.
- Lead onshore pipeline trench design and provide technical expertise for onshore construction and execution planning for Pipelines Project.
- Provide coordination support for the onshore interface activities between the Offshore Topsides, Pipelines & Jackets Engineering Teams within each of the Projects and other Companies, Operators and end-users operating within Ras Laffan Industrial City (RLIC).
- Ensure all documents requested by Third Parties / Government Bodies are provided in a timely manner to obtain required acceptance / agreements / approval of project interfaces.
- Support development of deliverables associated to pipeline shore pull, including trench design, calculation of pull force and required anchoring and evaluation of pipeline anchor blocks.
- Oversee development of all civil engineering specifications associated to the onshore pipeline tie-in and coordinate all onshore elements of the Pipelines Project.
- Lead design and execution planning of all civil works required for the beach valve station. Review and provide input to civil works related to the pig receiving station.
- Oversee survey Contractor in planning and executing all required geophysical and geotechnical onshore surveys.
- Responsible for the Civil Work design compliance with the Project Specifications, Regulatory requirements, and Civil Work design compliance with the RLIC requirements for the onshore pipeline corridor approval. Act as Project Civil Work authority to review and advice on Specification Deviation Request (SDR) and technical queries related to Civil Work engineering.
- Participate in technical meetings as appropriate and provide support in presentations and preparation of project reports as appropriate. Provide inputs to the weekly and monthly reports as directed by the PMT.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil Engineering Preferred). Advanced degree desirable.
- 12+ years of facilities engineering related experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in onshore pipeline design and execution including trench design and trenchless crossing methods such as tunnelling and Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD).
- Experience in pipeline shore pull design and execution.
- Significant experience in working with FEED/EPC Contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers (e.g., HDD).
- Experience with government agencies, contractors and vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of offshore and onshore facilities.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha