About this role: Facilities Engineer
Seeking a Facilities Engineer Specialist with experience in the oil and gas industry to join our clients Decommissioning team.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of world's premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Supervising and overseeing the management of change for the facility
- Technical support over a range of issues that the platform may experience.
- challenging the work executed on these platforms given the long-term plan for the asset.
- Identification of rationalization opportunities
The scope of this assignment is to join the Decommissioning Engineering Group. They are a small team who technically manages a range of offshore facilities.
The platforms are no longer producing but have active fuel gas / utility systems and are currently being prepared for ultimate removal.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, Civil, or Electrical Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Pervious EM experience is a bonus, but not required. .
- Ability to travel offshore. Role is office based, but there is an expectation to travel offshore every 4-6 weeks for a few nights at a time.
- Facilities experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
- Docklands VIC based role.
- Monday- Friday roster
- 12-month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane