About this role: Estimator
Brunel is proud to collaborate with a National Tier 3 Commercial Builder specialising in the new build and fit-out sector. They are looking to bring on an estimator with the position opening up due to an internal promotion.
Their current pipeline is strong with a focus on education and new build projects for the upcoming year. The ideal candidate is somebody upbeat and keen with a focus on progressing their career to grow with the company.
Best part - their commitment to career progression means they welcome candidates with a Quantity Surveyor background.
- Prepare and analyze cost estimates for new construction and fit-out projects.
- Collaborate with project teams to gather and evaluate project specifications and requirements.
- Negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain competitive pricing.
- Review and analyze construction plans and documents to identify potential cost-saving opportunities.
- Develop accurate and detailed cost estimates, including materials, labor, and overhead costs.
- Present estimates to project management and assist in bid preparation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the commercial construction industry.
- A Certificate IV in Building (Construction Estimation), Diploma of Building and Construction or equivalent.
- Construction White Card
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in construction estimating software and tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Great Company Culture: The team in Brisbane is close knit valuing collaboration, innovation, and a supportive work environment. They celebrate your successes and encourage your professional development.Opportunity for Growth: They have a robust pipeline of projects, with 80% of this financial year already fulfilled. This means you'll have ample opportunities to learn and grow.
Background-Friendly: Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking to transition into an Estimator role? They welcome candidates with a Quantity Surveyor background and are willing to provide the necessary training and support to help you excel as an Estimator.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane