About this role: Estimator
Our client is Australia's premier retail builder, celebrated for its innovative approach and dedication to delivering projects on time and within budget. They have established relationships with some of Australia's biggest retailers.
Their core values of teamwork, integrity, leadership, and excellence drive their commitment to creating enduring relationships with clients and stakeholders. They have a simple mantra:
Listen, Understand and Deliver.
- Cost Estimation: Utilize Cost X software to develop accurate and comprehensive estimates for retail construction projects.
- Project Analysis: Analyze design and construction documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Stakeholder Liaison: Collaborate with architects, engineers, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors to obtain information and quotes.
- Bid Preparation: Attend bid meetings, review proposal specifications, drawings, and participate in site tours for a comprehensive understanding of project scope.
- Value Engineering: Propose alternative design options to enhance cost-effectiveness.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest construction processes, materials, and market trends to ensure competitive and accurate estimates.
- Reporting: Communicate findings, reports, and suggestions to senior management and relevant stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience using Cost X software for construction estimation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in estimation, with exposure to design and construction projects, preferably in retail construction.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Proficiency in reading architectural and engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of construction processes, materials, and legal regulations.
- Impactful Work: Play a pivotal role in constructing some of Australia's most iconic retail spaces.
- Growth Opportunities: Benefit from our client's commitment to your personal and professional development.
- Culture: Join a team that values integrity, leadership, and collaboration.
$170,000 - $190,000 (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane