Vacancy number • PUB406648
Brunel Australasia is partnering with a global smart infrastructure client who are searching for an Electrical Technician with extensive experience with switchgear to join their team in Melbourne this role will focus on data center projects.
About this role
In the Electrical Technician role you will be conducting installations and supporting with commissioning. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with LV/MV distribution systems, switchgear, switchboards and an unrestricted electrical license (A grade or equivalent). A valid driver’s license is also required, as travel to various sites for work is required.
- Install missing MCBS, sockets, and other components, ensuring proper connection and functionality.
- Assist in aligning panels and contribute to the wiring of panels.
- Carry out the installation of brackets and lighting fixtures.
- Verify that the clients test scripts, conducted by the General Contractor (GC), are executed accurately.
- Conduct inspections to ensure installations meet the clients standards.
- Provide valuable support to electrical contractors during installation and commissioning processes.
- Extensive experience working with LV/MV Distribution systems.
- Unrestricted Electrical License (A grade or equivalent).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience with protection relays testing.
- Previous experience working with Low Voltage, switchgear and switchboards and circuit breakers, including assembly, installation, and testing.
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience (Highly regarded)
Please note that candidate's must hold full Australian working rights.
- Monday to Friday role
- 12 month contract
- Based in Melbourne
- Opportunity to work with a global client in the smart infrastructure space.
Please note: Only candidates with full Australian working rights will be considered for this role.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world.
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, NSW, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406648