Vacancy number • PUB406481
As part of our client's dedication to green energy and carbon neutrality, we are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team.
This role will be based at Redcliffe facility and will report to the Principal Electrical Engineer Heavy Industry and play a crucial role in the development and testing of technologies to power our mining fleet.
About this role
- Design and deliver Electrical systems for Heavy Industry Mobile Equipment (HME) and Rail Developmentprojects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Contribute to design reviews and validation of various engineering designs and associated componentselection suitable for application.
- Providing technical guidance on all Electrical Engineering Systems related to works being carried out, ensuringcompliance to relevant standards.
- Develop technical specifications and scopes of work to meet project specific objectives.
- Monitor, interpret, and stay up to date with relevant regulatory requirements, standards, and directivesapplicable to our products and industry.
- Resolution of technical issues related to electrical design, standards and/or compliance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate compliance into product development processes.
- Proactively deliver on the company’s stretch targets.
- Liaising with a range of key stakeholders on all technical aspects of projects
- Providing regular updates to the Principal Electrical Engineer including work progress, risks, and priorities.
- Experience in Mining, Rail or Heavy Mobile Equipment.
- Experience with development of electrical standards, processes and procedures.
- Experience with Arc Flash Risk and management.
- Experience with Functional Safety standard and compliance.
- Experience with inverters, chargers and VSD with experience in electrical noise filtration is advantageous.
- Experience in designing high voltage DC power systems.
- Experience in contractor engagement and contractor management process.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for excellence.
- Results driven, responsible and accountable.
- Strong knowledge of Australian and International standards relevant to Mining, Rail or Heavy MobileEquipment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and address electrical risks.
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and in multidiscipline teams.
- Knowledge of Electrical Drive System
- Knowledge of heavy mobile equipment Inverter systems
- Knowledge of Power Electrical/Electronics
- Austtralian Full working rights
- Capable of prioritizing and delivering work in a fast- moving environment.
- Ability to adjust to change quickly and adapt to new requirements.
- High commitment to safety.
- Skilled in rapid problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness with ability to work well in a team.
- Electrical Engineering degree.
- 12 month contract opportunity (with the view to extend)
- Perth based
- Heavy Industry Mobile Equipment (HME) and Rail Development projects
- Work with a global green company
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406481