About this role: Drilling & Well Engineers
Our client is seeking Drilling & Completion Engineers to support upcoming projects in Australia and PNG, supporting the team in well abandonment design and execution.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of world's premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The successful person will provide the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs.Ensure well objectives are met while assuring the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety, and environmental protection are applied.
The Wells Engineering role will be supporting the plug & abandonment campaign in the Bass Strait working with 2 Hydraulic work over rigs and 2 rigless spreads and that will be utilized for P&A integrity and production uplight.
- Generate and evaluate well conceptual designs to agreed well objectives.
- Refine selected well concepts to achieve an executable and AFE level (CP4) costed well design.
- Provide input into the AFE sanction process and input to other internal and external approvals.
- Develop comparative risk assessments of well concepts during Select work phases.
- Exhibit safe behaviors at all times when on company property and/or on company business.
- Comply with all SSHE policies and standards.
- Apply the SSHE Management System as appropriate to the relevant area of the business
- Comply with Company's Well Design and Operations Management Standards, Statutory Regulations and Industry Guidance Notes.
- Degree in engineering or related technical field
- Technical Drilling Experience
- Technical Writing skills
- Experience in Well Abandonment design and execution.
- Able to effectively organize and communicate thoughts.
- Experience with well design software as well as Microsoft applications
- Industry experience with well planning and execution.
- Cementing, wireline or completions workover experience will be beneficial.
- Ability to complete Well Operation Management Plans (WOMP)
- Melbourne Docklands Based role
- 10hr days Monday- Friday
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane