About this role: Dive Lead
- The purpose of the Dive Lead is to serve as primary interface with Installation Contractor/Diving Sub-Contractor on matters related to saturation & air diving scope of work; monitor the diving contractor, to ensure diving operations are conducted safely and appropriately in compliance with contractual agreement and industry standards; and provide diving technical support to the installation team.
- The position may require office assignment during the documentation preparation (pre-mobilization), and a site execution position during mobilization, operations and demobilization.
- Effective issue resolution through interfacing with both Company and Contractor teams is an essential component of the role to ensure full alignment on the execution of the Project associated diving aspects.
- The role leads the safe delivery of construction activities within the approved procedures, schedule and budget.
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Interacts effectively with management and external stakeholders and other entities to discuss project practices and issues.
- Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, self-confidence, fairness.
- Monitors contractor diving performance including review of Contractors diving personnel certifications and qualifications, ensuring diving related approved specifications and procedures are followed.
- Assists Project Management with planning, procedure review and technical support of matters involving diving.
- Conducts diving plant and equipment audits ensuring all relevant certification and audits are in date, and that any closeout actions from audits have been carried out.
- Acts as the focal point between the operator and the contractor particularly for SIMOPS and PTW.
- Participates in the development of all SIMOPs documents to ensure that all parties have a clear understanding of diving activities (SAT/Air) and their impact on adjacent work activities.
- Monitors the contractor to ensure compliance with diving legislation (SAT/Air), IOGP Diving recommended practice and industry best practices, such as IMCA.
- Monitors all diving activities such as supervisor/diver communications, diver video monitoring, ROV/Diver SIMOPS, diver/crane operations, bell deployment/recovery, diving suitability to environmental conditions and vessel movement.
- Approves Diving Consent to Proceed (CoP) with Air & Sat Diving Permit/Cert issued by CTR on installation vessel/DSV.
- Responsible for the emergency response and incident reporting for DCIs and treatment protocols.
- Be the accountable person for the safety, health, environment and security for all aspects of the execution of the work scope on the offshore vessels.
- Minimum 10 years experience with offshore commercial diving and supervision (Saturation & Air Diving).
- Minimum 2 years experience as a certified Diving Medical Technician.
- Experience performing Diving System Assurance Audits to the IMCA D 023/24 standard.
- Sound knowledge of international diving standards and regulations.
- Minimum 3 years experience in diving operations from a dynamic position (DP) vessel.
- Attended a Dynamic Position Awareness Course accredited by the Nautical Institute.
- Training and sound knowledge in seamanship and marine/vessel operations.
- Minimum 5 years experience in sub-sea installation, repair and decommissioning.
- Minimum 2 years experience in underwater inspection.
- Minimum 2 years experience in offshore construction management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of subsea tooling, installation and repair techniques.
- Past experience with Company Projects and Standards is an added value and or alternatively with Oil & Gas Industry Major Operators and/or Contractors.
- Experience with Major Projects in the Gulf region is beneficial.
- Broad knowledge of execution methods and risks associated with offshore greenfield and brownfield modifications and working within a gas production facility.
- Attended a formal OHS tools and practices training course.
- Sat & Air Diving Supervisor certification from the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) or an agency recognized under the IMCA D 08/09 Mutual Recognition Agreement or equivalent level of certification.
- Attended a Diving Worksite Representative training course accredited by an operator member of the Association of International Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP).
- Auditing & Assurance for diving systems (SAT/Air).
- DP familiarization training on Dynamic positioning vessels.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 12 Hours / 7 Days
- 31 Nov 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha