About this role: Development Manager- Hydrogen
Our client, a globally distinguished power development and investment company, is renowned for its comprehensive portfolio in power, water, and renewable energy. They're committed to leveraging the surging worldwide demand for electricity and water, diversifying the economy, and promoting sustainable growth for future generations.
The executive management team, boasting extensive experience in the power and utilities sectors, has successfully combined global, regional, and local proficiency, guaranteeing thorough alignment with shareholders and a sophisticated understanding of the global power sector.
In this exciting role, you will lead the identification, commercial evaluation and execution of projects Eastern Australia and New Zealand. You will have primary accountability for taking one or two project(s) through to the Feasibility stage within the project framework and then act as the ‘owners representative’ for these projects to ensure strategic and commercial success through the development, delivery and commissioning phases.
You will develop strong relationships at senior levels with external stakeholders including customers, government, regulators and suppliers. You will develop strong collaborative relationships across the internal teams including communications, engineering, commercial services, technology, legal, approvals, environmental and finance and will primarily be focusing on utility scale onshore wind, solar, storage, green hydrogen and green ammonia development projects in all the NEM connected states.
- Driving, motivating and leading large projects across full life cycle project development from identification and the assessment of utility scale renewable energy development, storage and green hydrogen projects through to construction ensuring a continuous and ongoing portfolio
- Managing and leading large projects to ensure the portfolio of projects are progressing through the development process
- Ensure holistic, accurate and robust commercial insight is provided for decision making, and collaborate with team members to balance competing viewpoints in order to recommend the optimal value-adding decision
- Development of strong internal and external relationship across a wide range of disciplines (e.g., legal, tax, finance, engineering, technical) and with senior management and executives.
- Preparation of presentations (including recommendations), business cases and supporting analysis to communicate the commercial position to senior management and executives
- Management and administration of Contract Award Recommendation; ensuring compliance with all requirements
- Ensure robust commercial scenarios are developed and commercial risks managed to identify and execute value
- Build trusted relationships with counter parties to ensure speed and value in the execution of commercial agreements
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in developing and or working on complex and high capital dollar value projects in the industrial sector
- Degree qualified in law, engineering, finance or related field (or equivalent)
- Experience in business case development
- Deep understanding of the infrastructure and/or energy sector and various risks associated with this.
- Previous commercial management experience within financial assessments, feasibility and due diligence of new opportunities and making recommendations for investment.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of all aspects of a complex infrastructure project.
- Ability to understand and influence key decision makers and motivate high performing teams across a varied and diverse background.
- Experience working with government decision makers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Development Professional to contribute to the global green energy transformation in Australia.
As a Development Manager, you'll have the chance to make a tangible impact on the business, directly influencing key projects. You'll also enjoy the privilege of working with a globally distinguished organization, well-regarded for its commitment to sustainability and economic diversification.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled platform to leverage and further develop their professional skills in the renewable energy sector. If you're ambitious, passionate about sustainable growth, and eager to make a significant impact, this position could be your next career milestone.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rylee Hanson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane