About this role: Data Architect
- Technical leadership in all aspects of data management, strategy, architecture, and governance in the context of SAP S4/HANA project scoping and implementation covering the SAP systems / solutions (on-premise and on-cloud) and its integration to 3rd party applications
- Guardian of quality deliverables related to data management framework, including mapping of data sources, data movement, and interfaces with the goal of ensuring data quality and optimized solution.
- Envision data pipelines and how data will flow through the enterprise
- Collaborate with S4/HANA business process owners and focal points including 3rd party consulting team related to enterprise data and analytics.
- Develop data model and metadata policies and procedure for functional and technical design.
- Ensure data governance and best practices are followed and properly implemented
- Guide the project team in data load, migration approach, and data impact analysis
- Architect data transformation from legacy system into S4/HANA landscape
The S4/HANA Data Architect will play a pivotal role, in collaboration with the Functional & Technical Architects, to provide overall data governance within the context of S4/HANA project scoping and implementation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide guidance and support related to data governance, development of data definition, and conversion, in coordination with business stakeholders and consulting partner data team according to project timeline
- Identify technical data gaps and provide approach for the solutions to address them
- Provide direction to develop data management framework for key activities such as extraction, cleansing, migration, data quality and data validation
- Contribute in efforts estimation of data management activities and identification of project skill and resource requirements in collaboration with project control team
- Provide technical recommendations related to data governance
- Promote best practice for data standards and data management
- Advise improvement of current data management model and design
- Ensure measures in place for data accuracy, integrity, and accessibility
- Collaborate with functional stream on data definition and integration requirements
- Review and endorse proposed data design and conversion approach and specification document
- Collaborate with design and implementation partners related to data management issue and resolution
- Provide data related support for all functional workstream as part of S4/HANA project including integration to other 3rd party applications
- Coordinate with project team members (Functional & Technical) and other IS entities as required to ensure data related developments are functionally sound and delivered to meet business requirements
- Participate and support in data related discussions to ensure optimized solution is assured.
- Prepare data related information reports and analysis as required by the S4/HANA Project Management
- Perform data gap analysis according to business requirements and provide recommendation of suitable system solutions
- Support Proof of Concepts (POC) for functional solution providing expertise with respect to data related architecture and management
- Orient business stakeholders on changes related to procedures and best practices.
- Ensure completeness and quality of data documentations meeting high standard
- Participate & contribute in identifying requirements & new opportunities related to SAP data and take it forward with justification for implementation and cost estimates for adoption.
- Maintain a repository of all data architecture procedures and artifacts.
- Take Health, Safety Environment (HSE) lead in ensuring “safe system of work” and “safe conditions” is in place within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate visible commitment to HSE by periodically leading / taking part in risk assessments, audits, HSE meetings, Emergency drills, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Experience in oil & gas sector is a preference.
- 10+ years’ hands on experience and proficiency in SAP Data Management and Governance, SAP Data Services (data extraction, data profiling, de-duplication), understanding of working principles of ABAP and
- SAP Cloud solutions, as well as ERP / Agile implementation methodology.
- Working knowledge of SAP data dictionary, data mapping, and ETL
- Competency on various SAP modules and related data objects
- Strong data analytic skills and knowledge of data management methodologies.
- Expert in database handling languages (SQL and variants) and data manipulation tools
- Experience and knowledge about SAP S4/HANA.
- Communication and leadership skills to manage, coordinate people, and conduct meetings.
- Fluent English both spoken and written
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams
- Ability to solve complex problems with systematic and structured approach
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-May-2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deepika Mafatlal Jain is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Deepika Mafatlal Jain
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha