About this role: Cost Engineer
Are you an experienced Cost Analyst/Engineer with a background in large mining projects and a talent for precise project cost management? If so, we have an exciting 12-month contract opportunity working for a Tier 1 mining business based in Perth.
As a Cost Analyst, you will report to the Specialist Project Controls and play a vital role in providing proactive cost and change management support to our delivery teams working on multiple projects. This position involves regular interactions with both internal and external stakeholders at the project level, making relationship-building and effective communication key aspects of the role.
- Prioritise occupational health and safety for yourself and your team, ensuring compliance with safety protocols.
- Execute daily cost and change management functions across regional project portfolios, including budgeting, change management, contingency management, cost risk assessment, cashflow forecasting, cost analysis, progress payment review, and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Specialist Project Controls and Project Lead/Manager to manage the Owner's cost, explain cost deviations from forecasts, and align with cost management processes.
- Proactively identify and report areas of concern to prevent unexpected project issues.Interact with internal and external stakeholders at regional levels, in alignment with company values.
- Engineering or Quantity Surveying qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a cost role on large projects.
- Experience in large mining projects and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with PrismG2 and advanced-level skills in recognised software systems.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills for data verification and cross-checking.
- Familiarity with running reports for information extraction from SAP.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment to meet reporting deadlines.
- Strong team player, capable of collaborating with project members at all levels.
- 5+ years of experience in project controls delivery.
- Industry leading company
- $67- 77 + super per hour
- 12 month contract
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth