About this role: Contracts Specialist
Brunel is seeking a contracts specialist for our major Oil and Gas client in Redwater, Alberta. Reporting to the Lead – Procurement, the Specialist - Contracts is accountable for the review and document preparation of new and existing contracts including the analysis, negotiation, execution, and control related to the acquisition of services.
- Ensures compliance with Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate controls, processes and policies are in place for contract review, evaluation, negotiation, execution, and closeout.
- Liaise closely with the Supply Chain Management team, including other Contract Specialists, other Leads and Managers, Contractors, and functional support to ensure all aspects of the contract preparation, negotiation and execution are completed on time and in line with Supply Chain Management and philosophy.
- Collaborate with Legal/Insurance in the review of Terms and Conditions.
- Formulates, prepares, and executes Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFIs), and Request for Quotations (RFQs) and related processes.
- Manage supplier relationships under your control and direction.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Understands, creates, and maintains a visible commitment to process and personal safety, as well as the safety of others; adheres to Core Competencies to drive results and culture.
- Proven expertise is required in the areas of contract management philosophy in an operating environment, risk assessment and mitigation, supplier evaluation and negotiations, purchase order awards and management of supplier relations.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and analytical/organizational skills.
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance.
- Must have strong people and negotiation skills.
- Must possess foresight to ensure that supplier issues are addressed by the Contracts Management Team in a timely and open manner.
- Must utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure: the contract ownership organization builds and retains a culture of open sharing of both positive and negative information,
- Colleagues and managers “feel helped” when an intervention is necessary.
- Must be self-confident enough to seek assistance with difficult or complex issues.
- Strong skills in Excel, ISNET, PowerBI and Maximo.
- Business degree or equivalent; Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) designation or equivalent is an asset.
- 8+ years of Contracts Administration experience with a background in Legal, Business, Finance and/or Project Management.
- Must be able to perform required hours/efforts as per business requirements.
What We OfferWhy work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what wecontinually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to
lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil &Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely,compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing –anywhere in the world
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Andy Borgatti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto