About this role: Contracts Manager
Brunel has as an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager with our client who is a leading, global mining and metals company.
This position with manage all contracts for assigned capital projects from conception through execution and completion. Responsible for post contract administration and management of all contract matters relating to the obligations and duties of both parties. Reports to the overall contracts manager for the project program.
- Analyzes all contracts including the conditions, scope, and other Works information to identify requirements and deliverables and to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts, or deviations from the scope of work. Makes recommendations to the Project Managers on the mitigation of these risks. Closely monitors and supports remedial actions and recommends appropriate actions.
- Develops and manages appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Supervises and provides guidance to other project team members to ensure technical competence and consistency of administration across several contract packages and to ensure that customer-related actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
- Develops and manages procedures to recognize and identify contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Legal, Project Management and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces to support contract administration.
- Provides the Project Contracts Manager with reviews and analysis of the contract commitment data and payments position and assists Project Controls with the in the development and maintenance of overall cost management.
- Responsible for adherence to contract insurance provisions and ensures implementation of all requirements.
- Ensures the requirements of good corporate governance is understood by members of the Project Management team and takes early actions to correct any deviations from good governance practices.
- Provides reporting, ensures technical competency and consistency across all projects and provides information and guidance to the Project Management team.
- High School diploma or GED and ten (10) years experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering and six (6) years experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial contracts management
- Fluency in English languages required
- Work involves frequent travel, international assignments, and relocation to the site of work
- Proficient in the use of personal computers in a business environment. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams is essential
- Experience with large copper production and related facilities
- Prior EPCM experience
- Prior international site-based experience
- Heavy industrial construction commercial management experience
- Working as a team member (Client, EPCM & Contractors)
- Daily rate based on experience
- Position can offer a 4x1 rotation for someone not local. Our client will set you up in all expense-paid, single-status furnished housing for 4 weeks working on site, then fly you home for 1 week of remote work. Meals will also be covered.
- You will be eligible for benefits starting on your first day of employment. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, as well as 401K match.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston