About this role: Commissioning Controls & Instrument Lead
- Reporting to Head of Commissioning Offshore, the Commissioning Control System and Instrument Specialist is responsible for managing Control System and Instrument Commissioning activities during preparation and execution stage of Offshore to ensure objectives are safely met within the approved scope and schedule.
- Commissioning Control System and Instrument Specialist shall ensures that all his scope of work is completed in accordance with safety and quality standards applicable.
- Manage all Control system and Instrumentation Commissioning to ensure the technical objectives are safely met within the approved scope, quality and schedule.
- Accountable for Control system and Instrument Commissioning.
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that require effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Focal point for Control System and Instrument commissioning activities starting from preparation stage to the complete execution stage, for promoting and implementing of system completion and system completion database at site, Implement system completion including reporting, monitoring and control.
- Lead execution for Control System and Instrument commissioning at site (onshore/ offshore) and keep commissioning execution targets defined by the project management. Review and approval of commissioning deliverables provided by EPC Contractor
- Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review for contractor’s commissioning execution effort and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Provide guidance and timely review on contractor’s commissioning execution plan and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards.
- Ensure coordination and communication for site activities with other discipline such as construction, Hook up and Completion Team and HSES representative and provide technical support with contractor , quality, safety, planning, engineering and start up/ performance testing.
- Review, approve and implement Commissioning system completion and commissioning technical documents prepared by EPC Contractor.
- Ensure Contractor Commissioning submitted all documents as per schedule and timely reviewed and approved in accordance with the EPC contract requirements.
- Review and propose mitigation for Commissioning aspects of the Risk Management Plan and Monitor the mitigation when defined
- Review all Commissioning changes, including justification for cost and schedule impacts, in accordance with the PMOC procedure. Maintain a register of lessons learned.
- Min 8+ years of total experiences with at least 6 years demonstrated as commissioning experience in major capital projects
- Experiences for preparation and set up of system completion data base and technical commissioning deliverable for Control System and Instrument commissioning.
- Experiences for commissioning execution of all field instruments, package equipment (HIPPS, WHCP, HPU, etc), ICSS (DCS, FGS, IPS/ ESD) at SAT/ FAT, fabrication yard, onshore and offshore commissioning included interface work with other contractor.
- Experience managed EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas project at many locations.
- Hand on experiences with system completion database ICAPS and OPERCOM Methodology.
- Application and in depth knowledge of stakeholder specifications, International standard and a working knowledge of Industry standards.
- Conversant with ATEX/IEC regulations and be CompEx certified for Ex installation and inspection is beneficial.
- Relevant degree or HNC, or significant relevant experience and trade qualification.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Ability to communicate with Contractor’s team and obtain required information as requested.
- Experienced with Interface coordination and support activities and documentation.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
- Qatar & Indonesia
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha