Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy number • PUB406450
We are working closely with a global power company who has assets on the ground in Australia and is looking to establish an office to further develop their renewable energy portfolio. The client is seeking an experience chief financial officer to establish the Australian business and align the companie's global policies, procedures and systems while maintaining compliance with the local laws and regulations. This is an exicting greenfield opportunity with the backing of a well-established player in the energy sector.
About this role
Your main duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Ensure accuracy in General Ledger accounts and prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance framework and upgrade key business controls.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and disclosures, ensuring timely filing for local compliance.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and coordinate responses to Internal Audit.
- Handle tax-related responsibilities, including calculations, compliance, and liaison with tax authorities.
- Manage treasury functions, ensuring compliance with group policies and optimal cash flow planning.
- Oversee corporate finance activities, including funding, debt market issuances, and relationship management.
- Lead project and structured financing activities, coordinating due diligence and negotiating financing terms.
- Manage long-term business planning, annual budgeting, and forecast updates.
- Analyze operating and financial performance against targets, supporting corrective actions.
- Support insurance management, including risk assessment, procurement, and claims management.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration, with a professional qualification (CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA).
- Minimum of 12 years of financial management experience, including 5 years in a similar position.
- Familiarity with Australian corporate and tax laws, local GAAP, and IFRS.
- Experience with market-leading ERP systems and Financial Planning and Consolidation systems.
- Exposure to international companies, multicultural business environments, and knowledge of the power and utility business is preferred.
- Big4 experience in Audit, Tax, and Assurance is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High standards of professional conduct, ethics, and integrity, with a continuous improvement mindset and adaptability to changing environments.
Our client has power assets in 4 continents and is looking to significantly grow their renewables portfolio with 2030 energy targets in mind. This is an opportunity to build something in Australia and leave a legacy behind.
- Be a part of an established gloabel energy company.
- Build your dream team and make your mark on the energy industry in Aus
- Have the excitment of a start up with assets on the ground
- 20% STI on offer
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Minehan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406450