Vacancy number • PUB406644
Our client, a prominent mining company based in Perth, Australia, is seeking a dedicated Category Specialist to join their team. The successful candidate will support the Senior Category Manager in managing the mining portfolio and other strategic categories.
About this role
As a Category Specialist, you will play a crucial role in managing procurement categories and implementing category strategies for our client's mining operations. This position requires collaboration with cross-functional teams and occasional travel to mine sites.
- Manage procurement categories identified by the Senior Category Manager, with a focus on the mining portfolio.
- Conduct detailed category analysis and develop comprehensive category strategies.
- Work with Contracts Officers to implement strategic category plans, contracts, and supplier relationship management initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of an overarching logistics strategy for the business.
- Previous procurement experience, ideally within the mining industry, is advantageous.
- Experience of Heavy Mobile Equipment leasing contracts will be highly beneficial
- Strong analytical skills and experience in category analysis.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as you will be working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel to mine sites as required.
- You must be currently based in Australia with current right to work already granted to be considered for this role
- Well known WA mining business
- $640-720 per day + super
- 6 month rolling contract
- Perth CBD office based role
- 40 hour week
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406644