About this role: Camp Operation and Maintenance Superintendent
- Provide Company oversight of the Onshore Project EPC Contractors operation and maintenance of their construction camps (>30000 pax) with the objective of ensuring the provision of robust camp management systems, acceptable living standards, properly delivered camp worker welfare and compliance with international and Qatar standards.
- Support the monitoring of the operation and maintenance of camp’s operated by third parties, both inside and outside of RLIC environment, that will house a circa 5000 EPC Contractor personnel.
- Develop reporting on areas of concern, non-compliances with contractual obligations and corrective actions required in Contractor camps, offsite camp locations and site mess halls.
- Ensure Camp Operators implement and sustain Safety and Quality programs relevant to operations and maintenance activities including adherence to industrial hygiene standards.
- The Camp Operations and Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible for supporting the Camps Operations and Maintenance Head interfacing with EPC Contractor and sub-contractors counterparts, such as Camp Bosses and Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialists to evaluate Camp Operators’ performance against Project Contract requirements, Ras Laffan Industrial City and Qatari standards for the operation and maintenance of the camps and standards for worker welfare.
- The Camps O&M Superintendent will also support the development of a structured system of reporting for maintaining consistency in standards across multiple construction camps and site mess halls that are operated by different operations and maintenance Contractors, both on and off RLIC. They will establish and maintain working relationships to influence decision making and ensure deficiencies are quickly corrected.
- Support the Camps Operations and Maintenance Head overseeing and stewarding all camp services / operations, including development and management of camp management systems, activities and programs, by the EPC Contractors and their sub-contractors.
- Deliver Onshore Project’s oversight and management of the EPC Contractors’ Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) programs for its construction labour camps with a specific focus on heath, hygiene and HACCPS compliance. To include the verification of EPC Contractors development and operation of their on-site catering facilities. Liaise with RLIC to support EPC Contractor efforts to deliver safe and compliant camp operations.
- Develop reports on the status of both EPC managed and offsite provided camp operations to the Project Site Manager, covering all aspects of camp management such as manpower forecasting, camp availability, issues, non-compliances, areas of concern and maintenance status.
- Support, assess and stewardi the EPC Contractors’ reporting, investigation, and resolution of camp SHE incidents in coordination with the SHES Department.
- Attend, on behalf of PMT, Camp Welfare Committee Meetings, Camp Food Committee Meetings and other external Camp related meetings. Works in collaboration with the EPC Contractors to provide a united project position with RLIC.
- Bachelor degree in Humanities or Business or equivalent experience in senior management position of workers camps.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management, operations and maintenance of industrial workers camps (construction, O&G, mining etc). Ideally have direct experience in camp administration / camp boss with experience in implementation of HACCPS.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Aug-2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha